FIFTY-EIGHT

(Not edited)

Serendipity (n.) finding someone good without looking for it.

It wasn't like he didn't want it. the fact that he thought about it tharrowly makes him even crazier as days passes, as if there's an hourglass draining each breath he takes. It wasn't like he didn't love him, Jungkook adores Taehyung too much it's not even considered healthy for him. Seven years of dating and he still gets butterflies; as if he never lost fondness of Taehyung. However, he just couldn't do it. Afraid of rejection, maybe, but mostly afraid of losing him. He wanted to marry Taehyung, keep him, and so he could tell the whole world that he belongs to him. That Taehyung is finally a Jeon, but he's hesitant to do so. There's so much what if's filling up his thoughts the deeper he thinks. What if he wasn't enough to begin with; what if Taehyung never actually loved him, only stuck around because he's afraid to see Jungkook in pain; what if Jungkook was the only one who thought their relationship was happy. Jungkook never recall a time where his lover was unhappy, he tries so hard to keep that boxy grin plastered onto the latter's face. One of his biggest fears, however, was one day when he wakes up Taehyung won't be beside him anymore. That he will never feel the soft skin against his fingertips, the lips that sends him to cloud nine, the eyes where he can get lost to, the smile he couldn't get enough of, and especially never have Taehyung's existence beside him anymore. Each day, he's afraid that when he opens his eyes in the morning his lover would be gone. He knew Taehyung can sense that he's a bit tense lately, there was also times where Taehyung directly asks him, but Jungkook only brushed it off.

"Why couldn't you just do it?" His friend asks. Namjoon then stood from his desk, opening the bottle of whiskey, and offering some to Jungkook.

He shook his head, disagreeing.

"Jungkook, it's literally been years. You know by now that Taehyung loves you as much as you do, please stop playing around, and just do it." Namjoon says as he took a sip from his cup. "Seokjin-hyung and I are worried you know?"

"I do," Jungkook sighs. "That is the reason why I'm here asking for your advice, hyung."

"Listen, as long you get out of that phase you've been having lately then come back to me and let's talk. You're not young anymore, Jungkook-ah. Please try to be mature this time." His friend points out.

Jungkook stood up from the chair, adjusting his coat as he glance at Namjoon once again, "I think I should go now, hyung." No word exchange as Jungkook exits the door, leading himself at the parking lot of his friend's office building.

When Jungkook graduated university, Taehyung already has a stable job as a photographer. Then by the time he got accepted into Namjoon's company as his assistant, Taehyung's name was already well known. Working with different entertainment and well-known wester fashion companies, Gucci was one his favorite in fact. By the time Jungkook was stable to his job, Taehyung is considered as a professional, and the most respected photographer in Korea. Jungkook was proud at how his lover's dream is finally coming true. By the time the fourth year of being together they both decided to move into a small yet cozy house. A few months had passed and they decided to adopt, not a child, but a dog. Gureum and Yeontan. Jungkook's basically stable now and he's glad Taehyung's part of it.

"Hyung!" Jungkook says as he tries to take of his coat. Their dogs then grested him, yet soon lost interest as he went further down the hallway. "Taehyungie-hyung."

"Oh, you're home? You usually go home late, did something happen?" Taehyung questions with a sad expression. Jungkook his head before placing his head on Taehyung's broad shoulders, embracing his lover's warmth. "You know I can always tell Jin-hyung that Joon-hyung needs to chill with all the works he assigns you."

"There's no need."

"But, you always look tired, and you're body's always tense." Taehyung mumbles against Jungkook's chest. Jungkook can feel it, how frustrated Taehyung is because of the way he's been acting. Taehyung is known for his patience it could last a long duration of time before he finally explodes, however, Jungkook's the exception. "What's been bothering you Jungkook-ah, you know I'm here for you."

"Marry me."

"What?"

"Hyung, I know you heard me. So. Please, marry me. I can't take this any longer, I've been keeping this from you, and it's so difficult for me to hide it." Jungkook mumbles, a bit flustered. "I know this might sound cheesy, but I've never met someone like you; perfect and just so breathtaking. Growing up I never had hope for my future, you're my serendipity, hyung. I never expected someone to give me this overwhelming feeling of happiness, but I'm thankful you came into my life.You're the only one I love this much, the only one I'm afraid of losing, and the only one I want to keep in my life."

"So, hyung. Marry me?" Jungkook smiles, not letting go from Taehyung's embrace. He's petrified of the latter's response, that maybe this is the one last time he will be able to have Taehyung beside him. However, he then heard a silent sob coming from his lover. Eyes widened as Jungkook release from Their embrace, panicking.

"You're my serendipity too, Jungkook-ah. I'm happy that I will spend the rest of my life with you."

ㅡ END

A/N:  Please read below

Hey! It's been 3 months ever since I updated this book. It's finally the end, can you believe that? Thank you for supporting this book and I'm so grateful that it reached this amount of love. Honesty, I'm the author myself, and I don't even get anything D: thank you-thank you!!! I love you guys please remember to smile and stay healthy!

Please check out my other books! I will be making more in the future :)