Chapter 1 & 2

Chapter 1:

Today was the day. I don’t think i had ever been this nervous in my entire life. Today, i was finally meeting my mother. I hadn’t seen her since a few months after i was born. I was standing at the airport, my suitcase in hand waiting for a taxi. My mother had kept out alot of the details, but told me i had to meet her in the lobby of the Intercontinental Hotel. I stood on the curb and waved my hand backwards and forwards, until finally one stopped for me. I clambered in the back and i saw an older guy staring at me. “Where you go?” He asked in an accent that was difficult to understand. “Urm, the Intercontinental Hotel.” I said back and he nodded his head and put the foot down. He kept looking back at me, and i instantly wanted to get out. I looked out the window at all the buildings flashing past. I had never dreamt that i would be in LA, and unfortunately i had to admit; it was beautiful.

I didn’t want to be here, but i had no choice. I had nowhere else i could be. She was the only thing i had left. I had recently lost my father, and the court; even though im almost 18, overruled and sent me to her. When the taxi stopped i was whizzed back to reality. “How much?” I asked. “14.50.” He said in his funny accent. I paid him and stepped out onto the street. The sounds and smells were overwhelming. I stood there admiring my surroundings until i couldn’t put what was about to happen off for any longer. I took a deep breath and headed for the doors. They opened automatically and i found myself inside one of the nicest hotels i had ever laid eyes on. An older couple walked passed me and gave me the look of disapproval. I looked down at myself; i had my frayed shorts, singlet with my jacket and boots. They were dressed up to the nine and i felt singled out immediately.

Then i heard my name being shouted. “Bianca, Darling is that you?” I spun around and there she was. She looked like the photo i had from when i was a child. She swiftly walked over, her arms out wide and hugged me. I stood there, not hugging her in return. This woman had made me shed many a tears and i wasn’t about to forgive her in 2 minutes. “Bianca, it’s good to finally see you.” She said and kissed my cheek. I stood backwards and looked at her. “I wish i could say the same.” I mumbled. “Bianca, i know things are rocky between us, but i want to make things right. That’s why we are here.” She spun around with her arm out. “What do you mean ‘here’? I looked at her and she smiled. I felt bad for being so mean, but this woman had left me alone when i really needed her. “Well part of my job is to travel around, so i thought, you could come.” I looked at her then her face lit up. “Oh and here are my clients.” I spun around and saw 5 young lads walking towards us, one was holding a small child. “Mum, you can’t be serious!” I whispered. ‘That’s... THAT’S ONE DIRECTION!” I said a little loudly. She laughed. “Yes, I’m their stylist. Boys, this is my daughter, the one i’ve been telling you all about. Bianca say hi.” I looked at her and then smiled. “Umm, Hi... I’m Bianca.” The boys laughed. They all said hi, then one by one they hugged me. I saw Zayn hanging back then he walked up to me. “It’s nice to finally put a face to the name.” He said and smiled. I smiled and looked away. He was even more stunning in the flesh. “Mum whose baby is that?” I asked when i turned around and saw her holding a baby girl. “This Is Lux... Your sister.” I looked at her in shock. “WHAT? IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO TELL ME?” She stood back. “No... Why?” I looked at her. “You mean to tell me i have a baby sister, AND YOU COULDN’T EVEN BOTHER TO WRITE ME A DAMN LETTER AND TELL ME?” I could see the 5 boys looking at me, and Zayn looked sad. “Bianca, I’m sorry...” she said and reached for my hand. “Can i have a room key, i would like to unpack my things.” I said not looking directly at her and she handed one over. I looked at the guys, “It was an honour meeting you.” I said and walked towards the elevator.

Chapter 2:

I walked into the room and threw my bag on the couch. I felt tears streak down my face and i hurriedly wiped them away. I shoved my key into my jacket pocket and headed out again. I decided i would explore the roof. I walked up the stairs; i needed time to process everything. The sun was blinding when i opened the roof doors. I looked around and there was a huge swimming pool located in the middle. I headed for the side and sat down near the railing. I looked out over the buildings and started to cry. I had a baby sister, my mother worked for only the hottest boy band in the world, and i didn’t know any of this until 20 minutes ago. I felt used, but then i heard a voice that sounded too close for comfort. “Are... are you ok?” i looked up to find Zayn standing there, his hands in his pockets. I quickly wiped away my tears and looked out at the city again. “I will be...” I muttered and he sat down next to me. I looked in shock at him. “I’m guessing you know who i am?” He asked and smiled. I looked at the ground. “Of course. You guys are my favourite band.” He laughed. “So you’re a fan i see.” I smiled awkwardly. “Yeah, is that weird?” “No i think it’s cute. You know, you’re mother has been talking about this all week. She has been really looking forward to meeting you again. She loves you.” I looked at him, his mysterious brown eyes were intriguing. “Well if she ‘loved’ me why didn’t she tell me i had a sister?” He touched my hand and i froze. “I know it’s hard, but give her a shot? She is an amazing woman, and i’m sure you can make each other very happy.” I smiled and stood up. “Thank you Zayn, I’ll go speak with her” and he stood up and smiled. “You’re welcome.” He said and i walked away. “Oh, we are going swimming in 20 minutes. You should come. We’d love to get to know you.” I smiled. “maybe i will.” I said and headed back to my room.

I opened the door and saw mum walking around carrying Lux. “Bianca look...” But i cut her off. “Mum, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have been so harsh; I’m just scared and overwhelmed. Forgive me?” she smiled and hugged me. “Of course dear. Of course.” I smiled and sat down on the bed. She passed me Lux who stared at me with her big green eyes. “So where is her father?” I asked and mum turned around. “He’s an arse. He left when i found out i was pregnant.” “Oh i’m sorry.” I muttered and she laughed. “Don’t be. He was so not worth it.” We laughed and she held onto my hand. “I have always loved you, you know.” I nodded. We spent the next few minutes talking about me growing up. She had so many questions. I looked over at the time and she saw me. “What?” She asked and i smiled shyly. “Zayn asked me if i wanted to go swimming with the guys.” She raised her eyebrows and smiled. “I think he’s sweet for you.” She said and i laughed. “NO WAY! You think so?” and we laughed together. It felt good. “Totally. You should go. Oh and you should take Lux, spend some time with her. I agreed and went and got changed into my bikini. “Woah, i don’t think i can let you out like that.” Mum said as i walked out of the bedroom. “Why?” I asked confused and she just laughed. “Because you look to god damn hot!” I laughed and she handed my Lux. “I will be up in half an hour. I have some things i need to discuss with Paul.” I nodded and she handed me two towels. I carried Lux into the elevator and headed for the top floor.

When i arrived, Harry, Niall, Liam and Louis were already swimming but Zayn was sitting on the side lines playing on his phone. He looked up and saw me and smiled. “Come sit here.” He said and i slowly walked over. I couldn’t believe i was sitting next to, ‘the’ Zayn Malik. He smiled and grabbed Lux’s hand. “Hey there Baby Lux.” I smiled and she gurgled. “I was starting to think you weren’t going to come.” He said sweetly and i laughed. “Well, i decided if i was going to fit in here, i had to know what i was getting myself into.” He laughed and i smiled. I couldn’t tell if he was flirting with me, and if he was so be it. I stood up and he looked worried. “Where are you going?” He asked quickly. “To take Lux into the pool.” I said and walked towards the shallow end. The other boys saw me and waved. “HEY BIANCA WHATS UP? Niall shouted. I carefully walked down the steps. The water was cold at first. “You ready?” I asked Lux and she just looked away. I gently put her into the water and almost instantly she started screaming. “Woah Lux!” I took her out but she kept screaming. “Sssh Lux be quiet it’s ok.” But nothing i did would work. Zayn was standing at the edge of the pool, but he hoped in and walked over to me. “Pass her here.” He said and i did as i was told. As soon as i let go of her she shut up.

He smiled at me but i just walked towards the stairs and got out. “Bianca what’s wrong?” He asked me innocently. “Nothing...” I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my shoulders when i saw my mother walk out. “Lux is with Zayn, good luck getting her to like me.” I muttered and walked over to the small balcony. I looked back at Zayn who was giving Lux to mum. He half ran over to me and sat down. “Bianca, what’s going on?” I looked at him, tears on my cheeks. “I thought i could do this i really could. But Lux wants nothing to do with me, i don’t fit into my mother’s life and im just going to get in the way.” I started to cry and he hugged me. I looked at him and he sat back. “What?” He asked, confused. “You... you hugged me.” I looked away and he leant down so he could see my face. “Your point.” I couldn’t look him in the eye. “Well you’re like this big superstar, and i’m just a small messed up girl.” He smiled and touched my cheek. “Your beautiful.” He whispered and i looked at him and he nodded. “YO ZAYN, COME HERE WE GOTTA GO!” I saw Louis signalling Zayn and he got up. “Talk later yeah?” He mumbled and headed over to the boys. I sat there, in shock going over what just happened.