Chapter 34 & 35

Chapter 34:

I sat on the roof in his arms for ages. It started to softly spit rain and it created patches on the concrete ground. “Let’s get you inside.” He said sweetly, his voice on the verge of breaking. I let him effortlessly lift me up in his arms and carry me back to my room. I was greeted by a very frustrated Paul and a beyond desperate mother. I saw her point Zayn in the general direction of my bedroom. “But Paul, there has to be something. ANYTHING!” I heard mother plead as Zayn carried me to the bedroom. “Here Bianca…” He said as he placed me on the bed and lay next to me. I shuffled over and put my head into his chest. He ran his hand up my back. “You know what, when we get to Melbourne, we can go out and have lunch. How would you like that?” I looked up into his big brown eyes. I knew he was only trying to help. “I cant… We touch down around 1 o’clock tomorrow, my case starts at 1:30…” He went quiet as we laid there together. Mum brought lunch in later but I didn’t eat much. My body was numb. Zayn held me and never once let go. The night came too quickly and I shrugged into me pj’s and hopped into bed, beside Zayn, who was set in his ways and promised me, he wouldn’t leave my side. He talked about how after everything was over; he wanted to take me back to his family, so I could meet his mum and sisters. Just being in his presence made me feel complete, and I couldn’t bear to think of life without him. I know it sounded stupid; I hadn’t been with him for ages, but the way he made me feel, I never wanted to be without that feeling. Zayn cuddled me close and wrapped the blankets around me, and I drifted off into a land where problems didn’t exist…

When I woke up, I was almost falling off the edge of the bed. Zayn had completely taken over. I smiled, and realized that if things took a turn for the worst, I would miss that. I slowly got up and he must have felt my movement, “Morning Sunshine.” He mumbled rolling over, the morning sun shining onto his chest from the crack in the curtain. I smiled and realized I had a tear, rolling down my cheek. I stood there, t the end of the bed, crying. He sat up when he realized I wasn’t answering him and opened his arms. I felt myself being attracted to them and couldn’t stop myself from running into his embrace. Mum came in and saw me crying. She told Zayn softly to go and get ready for the flight and kept hugging me. She stroked my hair and told me that we were in this together, right till the very end. She packed my bags as I went and put my shorts on, with my singlet. I fixed myself up and decided that today wasn’t the day for mascara, as I had no waterproof ones. Mum kissed my cheek and we walked hand in hand down to the lobby, where the others boys were waiting. Did they know? They seemed to keep their distance, and a lot of hugs went around. Most of the morning was a blur; I was in my own little world. All I could think about was the What If’s… Zayn didn’t talk much either. He just held my hand the entire way; through the airport as well. “Zayn, do you think I will win?” He looked at me and I felt bad for putting him in that situation. “I will love you, no matter which side of the world you live on.” I smiled as we sat in our seats, ready for take off. It was only a small flight so we talked for the whole time. He made me laugh, and whilst I was up there, thousands of miles from the scary reality below, I was happy; carefree. It was only until we hit that bloody turbulence that I was dragged back into everything. I gripped onto the arm rests. Zayn put his hand on top of mine and gently rubbed it with his finger. I looked up at him and smiled, and he leant down and kissed me. I felt him smile and I couldn’t help but giggle. “What?” he asked and I shook my head. “Nothing. I love you.” He knew I was worried and just kissed me again. I put my hand on his cheek. “Thankyou for flying with QANTAS today, hope we see you soon.” I pulled away from him and he stood up, helping me up. “After you.” I laughed and we all got off. Mum looked at me and I looked at my phone, 1:00 just like I had thought. I went to lock it again when I realised that someone had changed my background. It was the photo we had taken on the merry go round. Zayn must have changed it. I looked at him and he cheekily smiled, he knew what I had realised. Mum, with Lux in her arms walked over and grabbed my hand. I waved to Zayn and went to walk away. But I couldn’t do it. I turned around and mum let go of my hand. He was still looking at me, and I ran and jumped into his arms. “I love you…” I said over and over and he kissed me. “Go, before you’re late.” He put me down and pushed me away. Mum grabbed my arm and we walked out and caught a taxi. I was even more nervous than I was the day Zayn pushed me against his dressing room wall and kissed me. When we arrived I stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking at the building that was about to either change my life forever, or let me continue. Mum was fighting tears and she hurried me up and as soon as I entered the building, some strange man ran up to mum and started telling her his plan. I guessed he was the guy assigned to try and win this for me. I kept my hands in my pockets and when I pulled my phone out to look at the time, I saw the picture, and I held back the tears. “Sweetie, it’s time.” Mum looked at me and I shoved my phone away, trying to put Zayn to the back of my mind.