Chapter 3 & 4

Chapter 3:

After i had calmed down i went back to the room. Lux was playing on the ground with her toys and i knelt next to her. “I’m sorry Lux, i love you.” I whispered and i heard mum standing in the kitchen. “So, what’s going on with you and Zayn?” I stood up and walked over to the chairs near the bench and sat down. “Nothing.” I said and she looked at me in disbelief. “Yeah, and i’m related to the queen.” I laughed. “I’m serious.” I said trying to stop laughing. “Alright, if you say so but if it’s any peace of mind, i’m all for you and him getting together.” “MUM!” I shouted and she giggled. “What? He is an attractive young lad, and he is very genuine.” I felt myself going red and i walked away. “I am not having this discussion with you!” I said as i headed for my room to get changed. After i had a shower, fixed my hair and threw my clothes on i went back into the living area. “So, are you really ok?” Mum asked as she sat with Lux on the sofa. I sat on the couch opposite her. “Yes. I just have to get used to some things. Like i dunno, maybe the fact that I GET TO SEE ONE DIRECTION EVERY SINGLE DAY!” she laughed and i joined in. “Well tomorrow, we get to go and watch them do their pre show checks. My mouth dropped. “YOU MEAN I GET TO WATCH THEM LIVE? WITHOUT BUYING A TICKET? OH MY GOD THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!” I laid back in the chair and mum laughed. “I thought you would be pleased.” She sighed and i sat back up. “Do you think he is into me?” I asked then started laughing. “For sure, he has never acted this way before. And he seemed the keenest to meet you.” I rolled my eyes and we laughed again. We spent a few hours talking about random things. Like our favourite movies, hobbies, even our worst foods. It was almost 9 o’clock, so mum fed Lux and put her to bed. I got myself a bowl of noddles and we sat down next to each other on the sofa. “I’m so sorry i wasn’t there to watch you grow up.” She whispered as she ran her fingers through my hair. “It’s fine mum. I forgive you.” I said. We talked some more and after i had cleaned up the kitchen, we said our goodnights and headed for bed. I took me ages to get to sleep. All i could see was Zayn’s gorgeous face in my mind, and the words he said were on replay. ‘Your Beautiful.’ I smiled at the thought and soon enough i fell asleep.

I was woken up by a banging in the kitchen. I sat up, threw the covers off me and ran out. “MUM WHAT IS GOING ON?” I shouted and she looked at me. “Morning sweetie. Oh nothing, i just dropped the saucepan. I sighed and looked over at Lux who was throwing her porridge around. “No, No Lux here.” I said and guided the spoon to her mouth. She looked at me the whole time. “There.” I said but as soon as i moved my hand she flicked porridge on my face. “Oh MUM EWW!” I said turning around only to find a very shocked and half asleep Zayn standing looking at me. “Zayn what are you doing here?” She asked and i stood there frozen. I was only in my baggy shirt and undies. “I heard something bang and i came to make sure everything was ok.” He said. I wiped the porridge off my cheek and looked at him. “Morning Zayn.” I muttered and i felt something hit my foot. “LUX!” I said as i picked her spoon up. I knelt down and she grabbed hold of my hair. “LUX NO! Lux LET GO NOW!” I was bent over, my bum facing Zayn and Lux had hold of my hair. I felt so awkward. I heard Zayn laugh and i saw him walking towards me through my legs. “Here.” He said and gently pried her hands away. I stood up and gave him the spoon. I hurried back into my bedroom and shut the door. I stood against it, my heart pounding. I put my head in my hands. I smiled and started laughing. I quickly put my shorts on and headed back out to the kitchen. “MUM, do you need a hand?” She was juggling bowls and i grabbed one just before it fell. “Yeah can you dress Lux? Zayn can help you.” I glared at her but she smiled cheekily. I knew exactly what she was doing. I went and Got Lux out of her chair and she latched onto my hair again. Zayn laughed and followed me. “Does she do this to you?” I asked and he chuckled. “No, not usually. You must be special.” I huffed. “Great!” I said sarcastically and put her slowly onto the bed.