| Two |

"You are my person, you will always be my person"
- Grey's Anatomy 

I've always believed that life means nothing unless you have someone to share it with. 

The highs, the lows and every nanosecond in between. 

I was one of the lucky ones. I had found my someone, I held a place in someone's heart and they held an equal space in mine. 
Every roller coaster I rode on, there was someone holding my hand each and every ride. 

There had been plenty of trials and tribulations throughout my life that had tested me emotionally and physically. There were times I had been broken, lying on the bathroom floor in a pool of my own sorrow, only to be picked up and built back together, piece by piece by my person. 

I never had to question their motive. Wonder why they stuck around or why they stood by me day after day. Why they bothered to help me? Why their heart was always open for me? Because my heart beats for them too. I was there for them just as they were for me. Unconditionally. 

This was something more than love. Our bond was stronger than just love. When they were hurting, I hurt too. When they were happy, I felt their euphoria. If something terrible was happening to them, I felt it in the pit of my stomach. Like driving in a car and suddenly going downhill, that churning feeling that hits suddenly. 
I knew when they were hiding something from me, I felt their guilt eating at them from the inside out. Their emotions were mine too. 

What we had was special.

I was lucky enough to share this bond with two people. I had found solace twice in my life. 
My heart was safe with not one man, but two. 

Most people experience this bond only once in their life. A soul that matches theirs like they were built to fit. Two hearts beating with purpose for each other and nothing else. 
Souls destined to find each other among the billions in the universe. 

The first time I stumbled on my person I knew I had to hold onto him with every fibre within me. Our paths have been anything but smooth. We've struggled through so much. Fought against each other and fought for each other. Falling apart and falling back together time after time.

I had no doubt that one of these men would love with every fibre in him. My every curve committed to his memory. He had seen me at my worst and watched me soar at my best.
There was an unspoken vow between us that we would always find our way back together in some capacity. 
We had spent 10 years together, grown and matured together. 
So many happy memories shared between us. 
We shared everything with each other. There wasn't a single thing we couldn't talk about or a topic that was taboo with us. Through the years we had learnt more about each other each day. There were so many things I never needed to say to him because he understood. He just got me. 
Something about the way my hands fit perfectly inside his, the way his arms wrapped around me, the smell he left on his pillow, told me that I had found my home, with him. 

Finn was mine and I was his. 

Finding Edward happened purely by chance. If I wasn't so happy and full of life I never would have found him. Everything I needed I had found with Finn. He lit up my life and I couldn't help but spread some of that light around. If I could give one, just one person a hint of what I was given then maybe, just maybe I could light up their life too. And that was exactly what happened with Edward.

Edward is the kind of best friend that makes other people jealous. I've never had to try with him, things just fall into place with us. I am yin and he is yang. The balance that we give each other makes me feel at peace knowing that for every weakness I have, he is my strength and I am his. We each exist in the other and each needs the other to exist. 

In the beginning of our friendship, I kept him at arm's length, never letting him get too close. I was afraid of what letting him in would mean for Finn and I. I never hid him from Finn, quite the opposite. Finn encouraged our friendship, he knew I needed someone like Edward in my life. Still, having Finns blessing didn't calm my nerves. 
It wasn't until Edward sent me roughs of his latest project that I knew we were meant to be. I replied asking him where he had been all my life. 
"I've always been here, we just hadn't been looking for each other till now." was all he said.

Once I had opened myself to Edward we were cemented in our bond. There wasn't a day that had passed that we didn't speak in some form. 

Until today.