| Ten |

2016
Edward Harvey POV

The fallout from this scandal needed to be controlled.

My PR team had been doing everything in their power to get to the bottom of it. As soon as they were aware of the story they had called me immediately.

I picked up on the second ring.

"Edward Harvey"

"Mr Harvey, it's Holly"

"Holly, lovely to hear from you. You sound flustered, everything okay love?"

"No, sir. I've emailed you a TMZ story. They're running it. We're doing everything we can from our end. We need you to lay low until we can handle this properly. Absolutely no comment on the issues raised. You know the drill. The team are contacting your family as we speak and advising them of the same"

"Tell me what it says Holly"

"Sir, I think it best you read it. We stand by you 100%"

"Holly. Tell me!"

"It's about your time with Melissa, cheating rumours with someone in Australia..."

"Get everyone on this. Do whatever you can. Get rid of it."

"We will Sir. And please, no comment until we have more information".

I disconnected the call and started pacing the living room of my parents home. This couldn't have happened at a worse time. The board would have a field day with it. Of course it had to come to light while I was visiting my parents home for our fortnightly family lunch. My father wouldn't take this news lightly.

Cheating, where on earth was this coming from? I'd never been unfaithful in my life. Melissa and I parted on good terms. Mutually agreed and ended it civilly. All my other relationships were short lived and I never so much as looked at another woman.

My father and mother were both on their phones talking to who I assumed was my PR team as they entered the living room.y sister, Olivia followed closely behind, her eyes shooting daggers at me, fists clenched.

"Cheating Ed! And on Melissa! What have you done." I could swear I saw steam coming from her ears.

Olivia had never believed rumours like this. She always had complete faith in me and let me tell my side of the story first.

"Don't tell me you believe this bullshit Liv." I scowled at her as she came even closer.

"How could you do this?" She was livid. I was worried I wouldn't be able to talk her down from this.

"Olivia! Edward! Take a seat." My father's voice snapped Olivia from her rampage. We knew better than to disobey him at a time like this.

He gave me a concerned look. I could see in his eyes that even he had a seed of doubt that there may be truth to these rumours. Did these people know me at all?

I sat on the edge of the couch my elbows resting on my knees, hands in my hair. My father sat on the couch opposite, my mother next to him holding his hand as it rested on his knee. The look on my mother's face was sympathetic with a hint of worry. Olivia chose to sit away from us in a wingback chair behind me.

"Never a dull moment in this family is there loves." My mother tried to lighten the mood.

"Edward, care to explain what is going on and why I have PR on my case about you?" My father was a fair man, always wanting to know all angles and see the full picture.

"I know as much as you do William." I didn't look up at him fearing the look in his eyes. I could hear Olivia scoff in the background.

"Do you all honestly think I would cheat. I have never in my life been unfaithful. You're meant to be my family. Stick by me, no matter what, and look at you right now, jumping to conclusions and thinking the worst of me." I stood and began pacing again. I couldn't sit down, I needed to move around and try and think clearly.