| Fourteen |

2011
Edward Harvey POV 

Sitting in Whitney's office felt surreal. I had imagined her in here many times. Sipping coffee from a white mug with 'Whit and Sass' written in gold cursive. A photo of the birthday gift from Finn had been posted on her Instagram. Typing away on her keyboard furiously with soft classical music playing in the background. A corner office with bright white walls, black furniture and framed certificates adorning the walls. My imagination was much further from the truth than I had expected.

Whitney's office was sandwiched in the middle of three others that ran the outskirt of this side of the building. A glass floor to ceiling window and a wooden door separated the office from the hallway, the glass frosted horizontally for privacy. A large window on the far end of the office let in a view of other buildings and offices across the street. A desk sat in front of the window and three dark brown leather chairs positioned in front of it. It seemed unfair that she would have her back to the view for so much of her day. The walls were painted a pale grey and there was another enlarged photo stretched on a canvas on the wall opposite me. It took up a large portion of the wall and gave life to the otherwise dull office.

Whitney busied herself with tidying her desk while I stared at the photo. "Is this yours too?"I asked pointing toward the image.

Again, I knew it was hers. I'd not seen this one before yet I could still see the resemblance.

"Yeah, a lot of the work in the office is mine. Alex and his wife have some pieces in their home too. They help to feed my shoe addiction." Whitney laughed at her admission of addiction and I couldn't help but join her, the sound is contagious.

"This one is different to the others though. It's the only one with people in it." It was true, this was the only one in the office that I had seen with people in it. The others were close-ups of flowers and landscapes of fields. None had any real identifying features and it would be hard to pinpoint where they were taken unless it was stated or you questioned the artist.

"Nothing gets past you does it Edward Harvey? I chose this one myself. It's one of my favourite of everything I've taken." she stopped what she was doing and turned to look at the photo.

"Why is that?" I pressed her for more information, hopeful that she would divulge the truth behind the image.

While she was fixated on the image, my eyes were trained on her. It looked as if her face had lit up from the inside. Her eyes sparkled with passion for this certain image. A glow radiated from her whole body.

"Uh, this one is special. I took it during my lunch break one day. I was in the park when the elderly couple arrived." she moved to lean on the side of the desk, her eyes never leaving the image. I wanted her to carry on. I wanted to hear her voice, to hear her passion for this particular image, not just see it beaming from her.

"I remember seeing the bright red cardigan that the woman was wearing and her lipstick that matched her cardigan perfectly. She stood out among the dark corporate suits and skirts in the small park. She was pushing the man and I was intrigued by them and wondered why they were at the park in the middle of the city so I grabbed my camera out of my bag and watched them through my lens.". Her head tilted slightly as she recalled the memory.

"As luck would have it, while I had my lens trained on them the women placed her hand on the man's shoulder, he raised his opposite hand crossing it across his chest to place his hand on top of hers. The man's face lit up the instant his hand met hers." Whitney's voice had softened. She was completely lost inside her memory and I was captivated as she had drawn me into it too with every word.

"The happiness that radiated from him was infectious. I kept pressing the shutter button capturing every moment they shared. It was as if he had forgotten momentarily that she was behind him. The touch of her hand on his shoulder reassuring him that she was still there, still close. The feeling of her presence making him the happiest person in the park and possibly even the city."