T H R E E

10:30pm.

Richie's POV.

I walked into my shared bedroom and spotted Mike laying on his bed with a text book placed below his chest writing something on it.

He looked at me then back at his text book.

I sighed walking to my bed. I took off my glasses and flopped down on my bed hugging my pillow.

"rich?" Mike asked. I hummed in response glancing over at him.

He sat up and placed his text book on the nightstand. "You okay?" He asked again and I shrugged.

I couldn't see his facial expressions at all since my vision was extremely blurry.

"Richie, what is it?" He asked yet again.
"I hate trying." Was all I managed to say.

Mike got up from his bed sitting on the side of my own and I got a better look on his face. He looked really sleepy with his hair pushed back a bit.

"Is it Eddie?" My heart ached.
" yes. it's always been him." I replied shoving my face in the pillow.

"Tell me everything, brother. "

I walked down the block with eddie beside me, I glanced over at him.
His beautiful freckles popping out more
In the sun. I realized I was staring so
I looked away.

"Eddie?" I said completely unsure on what to say.
"Yeah?" He replied, finally looking at me.

"can i- tell you something?" He nodded.
I thought for a second and no words came out.
"never mind I forgot." I said sighing looking away.

"Okay." He said.

We made it to the end of the block which wasn't that far from his house.
I finally grew a pair and decided I should tell him.

"eddie." I said grabbing his wrist gently
As he looked me with a raised eyebrow.

"I lo-" beeping sounds came from his watch as he quickly took his wrist off my grip turning his watch off.

"I'm sorry, I need to go-" he said and I mentally shot myself.

"Is whatever you wanted to tell me worth the wait?" He asked and I shook my head as in yes.
"I guess. It's okay. I'll see you later." I said and he nodded and smiled then waved at me.

"Bye." Was all he said and disappeared into the Buildings that surrounded the place.

I explained to Mike who was listening to everything I said without interrupting. A small nod would always do the work for him.

He grabbed my shoulder and hugged me
I smiled and hugged back.

"it's okay." He said and I nodded. Then he pulled away from the hug.

"You'll tell him later, right?" He asked and I nodded "yeah. If his stupid watch stops beeping in the worst moments ever." I said and he giggled then yawned.

"hey Mike, go to sleep you look wrecked." I said tapping his shoulder lightly.

"Alright, goodnight." He smiled and walked to his bed and laying down on it without even pulling the covers over him.

I chuckled at him. "Goodnight, frogface."

I turned off the lights and fell asleep.