S E V E N

Mikes POV.

I walked through the hallways of school not minding the fact I could be late to class. But I wanted to check on eleven since I didn't see her all day.

It was only 9am but I like being dramatic, but wouldn't you?

I heard footsteps from behind me and I turned around it was her. I sighed in relief.

She smiled and approached me. "Hey." Was all she said as she stood in front of me. I definitely felt like something is wrong, but I didn't know why I would think that.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded.
"I don't want to sound childish but I got yelled at and that's why I'm late." She explained. "It's because you stayed over mine, isn't it?" She nodded yet again.

"It's okay, it's not about you.. My parents just yelled at me for not telling them." She looked at me for a bit and continued. "They're just overprotective-" I cut her off. "Yeah I get it." She smiled. "Okay.. cool."

I smiled back. "Cool." I replied and started walking to class with her beside me.

Good thing we weren't actually late to class but the teacher was already there.
She didn't say anything which I'm glad to because I'm not ready to get yelled at since my mom actually did it this morning from richie cursing and waking her dad up thinking we burned down the house.

I sat down and the rest of class went on.

Elevens POV.

Should I tell him? I can't tell him. Of course, I can't be like oh hey I'm sorry but my father said I shouldn't hang out with you anymore bye. It's stupid especially I don't want that to happen to us.

I like him, I'm not sure if it's in that way, but I'm sure it'd be if my father didn't decide to ruin everything. But I also don't want to lie to him and I could go in trouble for it.

I took a deep breath and went to lunch and sat down on a table alone.

The lunch room started to get more crowded with students as I spotted Mike and Richie walking towards me.

I smiled and decided to forget about what I've got myself into for a bit.

"Hi!" Richie said and sat down, Mike following him.

"Hey, guys thanks for not letting me sit alone." I said as Richie shoved food in his mouth.

"Ugh that's disgusting!" Mike said.
"You're disgusting!" Richie replied.

I snorted and started eating my food.
The feeling of telling them came back again and again. I looked over at Mike and he was staring off somewhere.

I waved my hand in his face and he looked at me. I gave him a suspicious look and asked. "Is everything okay? You didn't eat anything." Richie looked at him too and he just shrugged.

"Richie can have it." He went to move his tray in front of Richie and I stopped him.

"Seriously what's wrong?" He looked at Richie then back at me. "Nothing." Was all he said. I slightly rolled my eye still holding the tray.

"Are you giving me the damn food or not?" Richie interrupted the awkward moment.

I took my hand off the tray and Mike moved the tray in front of Richie.

"Thank fuck!" Richie said and Mike slapped back of his head. "Ow! What was that for?!" Richie yelled. "We got yelled at from your stupid swearing!" Mike said.

Richie ignored him and ate his food.
After a few minutes of me and Mike just staring off the room while Richie was minding his own business. Lucky him.

"Eleven?" Mike called and I hummed in response. "Can we talk?" I nodded and got up.

He followed me as we went to the hallway.

"I gotta tell you something." He said.
"Me too." I replied.