Million Words

Song by - The Vamps
FanFic - Josh and Maya

All the times that it slipped my mind to mention, that you're the one I need.

~Josh~

It had been a year since I've seen her. It even crossed my mind to ever tell her exactly how I feel, but somehow I just couldn't find the right words to say to her. I missed her so much and I need her in my life, how did I ever let her go?

I was wrong to ever doubt it and you're all I think about. There's a million words I should've said.

~Maya~

Why did I ever doubt Josh didn't love me. It was clear with all the candle little dinners, moon light walks along the beach, they way he would never push me into doing something I didn't want to do, and the way he kissed me, I felt like a princess. There's a million words I should've told him.

I remember you were standing in my doorway, and the words were on my lips, that you never looked so beautiful.

~Josh~

The way Maya stood against my bedroom door frame with her long locks flowing down her neck and shoulders, just completely took my breath away. It was the night we were celebrating our 1 year anniversary of being an official couple. I just wanted to tell her how much she meant to me, and how stunning she truly was. But how come I couldn't find the right words to say? It's because there was way to many words to say that's why!

Oh just to be near you, don't you know how good that feels? These are all the things I should've said. Did I miss my chance? Is it too late to say?

~Maya~

I always felt my best when I was with Josh. He gave me reason too. He treated me like it was just the 2 of us and the time was frozen. I know how cliché that sounds, but I don't really know what other words to use to describe how good it felt to be near him. These are all the things I should've told him. I bet I've missed my chance to say it now.

Now I'm half a world away from you, but you're always on my mind. There's a million words that I could've said and you might still be mine.

~Josh~

I couldn't handle not being with Maya, or even being in the same country as her and not being with her. So much that I packed everything up and moved to London. Being half way across the world doesn't help my problem. She's on my mind 24/7. There's a million words I could've said and we might still be together. I hate myself for what I did to her.

And if there's someone where I used to be, I hope she tells you every day, with the million words that I should've said. I wish I could tell you, always.

~Maya~

I shouldn't of let him go. He's probably enjoying life in Britain with a new, better girlfriend. I hope she tells him everything, everyday, that I didn't get to tell him. Why did he move? I wasn't that mad! It was all my fault. I just wish I could tell him always for the rest of our lives.

When you were mine, did I push you far away? Blamed this whole weight on my shoulders bearing down on me. But then I only had to see you, don't you know how good that feels? These are all the words I should've said.

~Josh~

Did I push Maya that far away, that she didn't even bother to come over to my dorm room anymore? School was always hard, especially when you weren't ready. I was always so stressed, but when I saw Maya and got to hold her in my arms, it felt like the weight of the world was lifted off of me. Why couldn't I tell her how I felt.

And if I could only catch your eye and throw a smile, maybe I could stop to say what's screaming in my mind. You should know that what I want to say could take all night or my whole life.

~Maya~

I'm so madly in love with Josh. If I ever see him again, I just want to tell him everything I've ever thought about him. I could take my whole life. I think about him at night and day. I just want him to know how I feel.

Do I get a second chance to make you mine tonight?

~Josh~

I stormed up the stairs until I reached the door. I took so many deep breathes, 'til I finally had the guts to knock on the door.

There's a million words that I could've said and you might still be mine. And if I ever get the chance again, I would tell you every day. With the million words that I should've said. I wish I could tell you, always.

~Maya~

I was watching Orange Is The New Black, when I heard a knock at the door. I put down my mug of hot coco, and when to answer it. The figure had rain dropping of his perfectly messy hair, his eyes were stained with tears, which made mine water, especially when he lifted his head to make eye contact with me. It was him, he was here.

"Josh?" I said without showing any emotion.

"Maya, please let me explain." He took a step closer to me.

"You don't have to." I took a step closer to him, so I could make the distance between us disappear. When my lips finally touched his, my life went back to me wanting to live it. Put lips moved in sync for a while before we both reluctantly pulled apart.

"What happened that night, it was all my fault, I was stupid and selfish." I said with tears streaming down my face.

"Jinx." He smiled and caressed my cheek to wipe away the tears.

"When I'm with you the world just stops and becomes perfect. I love everything about you including your flaws. I want it to be us for the rest of our lives."

"Maya, there's a million words I should've said."

"Jinx." I said closing the distance between us once more.