PROLOGUE ~ WINTERY ONE SHOTS, YEAR ONE: THE MASQUERADE

(here's some aesthetically-pleasing music for this here prologue ^^)

In the night, angels came down, sprinkling the ground with a newly clean blanket of cold misty cloud-looking snow.

The blue-grey and pink tinted mountains were covered in the soft blanket, and a particular family of bunnies nestled together in their den, comfortably watching the small unknown flakes fall to the soft earth.

The sky itself was a brilliantly colored teal seafoam, with puffy almost sparkling white clouds up above, floating around aimlessly. The sky was also streaked with splashes of light coral and pink, and a lighter yellow-orange.

The trees themselves still refused to twist and fall to the ground, some staying a light lime color, or even some light yellow or candlestick orange colored leaves. The smell of rain filled the air from an earlier rainstorm.

There was a slight warm chill in the air as people buzzed around, excited for the coming holidays, sipping hot cocoa around a crisp warming fire with their loves ones, opening presents and playing music and getting to use soft blankets again in the chilly air.

And in these hills and plains, still were 12 groups, all preparing for the coming seasons in their own ways.

12 more days.

It was just 12 more days until the festival, until the stringed autumn-colored lights lit up the midnight blue skating rink and the Winter Masquerade would begin...

12 days counting...