Chapter 5

*Kirthi Pov*

I groaned hearing my ringtone and moved only to fall on my back because of some external force. Somehow I managed to move only to realize my neck is paining with all the sleeping being done by staying in the same position.

"Don't you have your own home? Why do you come here everyday?" I asked, rubbing my neck.

"After sometime I will be going there only and then I will think of that answer. But now just let me sleep." His reply reached little muffled because of the pillow he pressed his face to and I just shook my head as I was not expecting any answer.

"Fine!" I mumbled and tried to get down, but he held my hand stopping me.

"Didn't I tell you that you need to let me sleep?" he asked and I gave his closed eyes a confused look.

"And I was leaving you to your sleep." I replied and he sighed before pulling me back towards him.

"That I can do even in my home." Saying that he enclosed me and again slept off while I just lay there staring at his face.

All my thoughts rushed out when my phone rang again. Somehow, I was able to take it from the bedside table and lifted it.

"Ms. Kirthi! It's done!" Hearing those words as a response to my greeting made me stiffen, but I finally relaxed understanding the meaning behind them.

"Fine!" I mumbled and hung up before staring at the phone with a relief I dreamed about.

"What is the good news?" a voice penetrated my thoughts and I looked away from the phone to see his eyes staring back at me.

"I thought you said you will sleep." I replied, placing the device away, but he just yawned and covered my cheek with his palm.

"I felt I should open my eyes and it's a good thing I did because I would have missed this." He said caressing the cheek.

"What?" I asked, not understanding his words.

"You are practically glowing and I would like to know the reason." He stated making me frown but I just removed his hand before getting down from the bed.

I walked to the wardrobe and started searching for the dress to wear before saying, "I have to go for work and you also if you work on weekends."

"Yes! I do, but not on Saturday's and Sunday is holiday completely which you should have known by now with me being here for more than two weeks." He replied but in an accusing tone.

"You will be early today?" I asked, taking out the dress and walked back to the bed to place it on.

When I didn't hear any reply, I looked up to see him staring at the door with a frown but finally replied, "No! I have a meeting today evening. I will not come today at all."

"Okay!" I said and walked into the washroom before getting ready and when I walked out he already left the room.

"Wow!" Anusha mumbled when I walked to the kitchen.

"What?" I asked her smiling.

"Well, when I saw my brother's irritated face, I thought you both had a fight, but you look happy." She replied with a confused expression.

"Leave all that! Today we are going to celebrate." I said, smiling at her.

"For what?" she asked, smiling back.

"You recovered completely and even I got one of my dreams fulfilled." I replied, shrugging and she nodded without questioning more understanding that I don't want to explain what it actually is.