Invitation

Rin POV:

"You didn't need to show off in the end," Shiemi pouted.

I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck. "Sorry," I said. "I can get a little....competitive during sports."

She puffed out my cheeks in a way that was simply adorable. "MVP, huh? Used to the praise at all?"

"Um...not really, I guess. I never really went to school that often."

I chose not to tell her that the reason was because everyone was scared of me. My uncontrollable rage and immense strength were let out easily due to even the slightest of irritations. It's always been a problem that ended with me being expelled too many times. After a while Father Fujimoto just stopped enrolling me in new schools and expected me to get a job.

That is why I like sports, and am good at them. It's non-violently raging and letting out energy and strength to improve your performance at a game.

"I heard a girl ask you out on a date. It's your first day of school."

Shit, that happened? I was just smiling at the crowd, not smiling at anyone in particular. Someone asked me out? Damn I'm popular. That's new.

I was just about to answer when suddenly, I felt Shiemi, this absolutely beautiful girl whom I'd already fell for, hug me around my waist. It was so surprising I simply stopped in my tracks, embracing her warmth, and savoring the fact that she was hugging me.

After a few seconds, I turned around and hugged her back. I slipped my hands under her shoulders and wrapped my arms around her waist. She adjusted to embrace me around my neck.

I felt her tears soaking into the front of my uniform, staining it a darker color. In response I squeezed her a bit tighter, holding her closer to me. I don't know what she was crying about, but I want her to feel better. I want her to be happy.

I liked her smile. I liked her bubbly attitude and slight motherliness. I can tell she has a goal in life. A determination. She was sweet and kind, she was a bit shy. I like everything.

As she was resting her head on me, I opened my eyes slightly and looked around. But just then, I heard a loud strangling cry straight from her mouth. She ripped out of my arms. I released her and backed up in surprise. What just happened?

She started pounding on my chest with her fists, sobbing loudly, averting my gaze. I let her use me as a human punching bag. If it makes her happier.

Suddenly, as soon as it started, she stopped fighting me and slipped back into my arms. I stumbled back a bit and hugged her once more.

What was she crying about? Why am I doing this to someone I just met? Was she mad at me? Was she mad that someone asked me out? What did I do to reduce her to the state she's in now?

"What happened?" I whispered with as much care in my tone as I could.

I lifted her up into a bridal carry. She covered her face with her hands, not wanting anyone to she her face. Luckily the gym was empty by the time we returned after changing again and taking quick showers. I carried her into the open janitor's room and slowly closed the door until it was only open an inch. Not risking it locking on us.

I sat down in a criss-cross with her in my arms and set her down. She ended up sitting in my lap, which made my face turn hot. She didn't weigh much so it was surprisingly comfortable for me.

"You..." she began. My ears perked up and I looked over her shoulders at her hands as she played with her fingers. "You're the first good person I really met besides Yukio. I-I never really had friends. I've kept myself penned up in the garden outside my house and never ventured out. This was my first school. And I really like spending time with you, even though it's only been one day. And I..."

She started tearing up again. "You're already so popular, and it's only your first day. Everyone probably knows you now as the pretty boy, which is what everyone was screaming at you during PE. Pretty boy, MVP, that one kid who's really good at sports, one girl even asked you out! You've only been here for a few hours."

I turned my head away and bit my lip. Did I make her this sad? Was this all my fault? I want to make it up to her.

"I don't want you to get sucked into the world of popularity," she told me as she turned around to face me. She must have seen my face, red with embarrassment and my eyes sad and ashamed. I didn't want her to see me like this. But I know she must have felt the same way. We held eye contact for a few seconds, her eyes and cheeks glistening in the soft light from the ceiling of the room.

"I want to keep hanging out with you," she finally continued. "As often as I can, I want to be with you. You make me happy."

She smiled at me. It melted my heart to see her like this.

"I think we've already skipped most of next period," I stated out of the blue. "That marks the end of the day, doesn't it?"

She laughed and triumphantly raised her fist in the air. "Yes! I missed English!"

She changed moods quickly. I laughed along with her. "I skipped math!"

She launched up from her sitting position in my lap, which made me a bit sad. But at least she was happy. "That was worth it! We skipped the two worst periods!"

I lifted myself off of the ground with a grin. "So, what are you gonna do now?"

She turned around mid-walk. "Well, I was actually thinking..."

"That's not good." I raised an eyebrow at her. She laughed and crossed her arms behind her back.

"Every year they host a back to school party starting at 7 and going on through the night. Because today is a Friday, which is a weird day to begin a school year, we can stay up as late as we want. The principal doesn't care." Her eyes looked at mine with an adorable innocence. "You wanna go...together? Can you meet me at my dorm, which is the one next to the cafeteria?"

I grinned. "Sure. Meet you there at 6:45?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for reading the eighth part of my fan fiction! Again, this is the first romance story I've written so I apologize for how bad it is, but I think it's progressing nicely. But if you still like this story, comment and please continue reading! I will try to write a new part as often as possible.

I thought this chapter turned out well, but I wrote it quickly because I had so many ideas and just wanted to get them down quickly. Hope you like it!