Just Die

Shiemi POV:

I was sitting in my dorm room with the blinds closed and the door shut. Alone like usual.

I never got a roommate. I wish I did, because then I would still have one friend rather than zero. I had one friend, a few hours ago, but I left them

Dammit, Rin! Why did you have to do this?!

I miss you, Rin....I miss you.

The room was dark, lacking sunlight and the lights were off. I didn't feel like letting in any brightness in my dark and shady life.

Where was Sakura? She texted me and told me she was fine, but I want to know where Aki was. I hope he's alright. He has to be okay.

Rin on the other hand can die.

I need him to leave! Once he's dead I can stop thinking about him! Just fucking die, Rin!

Please...stop toying with my emotions like this.

What am I doing? I miss Rin and I want him to die at the same time? What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I wishing for someone's death? He saved my life!

But now when I think of him, I think of danger. Of Satan and blue flames. Of Rin, destroying us all.

But...I remember his eyes. His voice. His scent. The feeling of his hands against my skin, his heartbeat against mine as we embraced, holding on to each other as if our lives depended on it. His ears and teeth and nose were all in my memory, and my memory seemed to be grasping onto Rin, not letting go.

I stood up and slapped myself in the face. Was I going crazy? I hope I wasn't going crazy.

Don't do this to me, Rin.

So what do I really want? Do I want Rin to die? Or do I want him to hold me again, to kiss me again, for us to walk hand in hand?

I can remember his face buried in my hair and my head resting against his shoulder. We were rocking side to side as one. I remember his smile, adorable and sweet. His caring intentions, like when he saved me from Taro and Hide, and when he covered me up with himself when there were guys staring at me in my dress. I remember the way he glared at them as he put an arm in front of me. Sakura told me that it looked like he was about to kill anyone that even dared to step closer.

The only memories in my head now were sweet. Rin, Rin smiling, Rin protecting me, Rin hugging me and not letting go. I could feel the corners of my mouth creep up in a small smile.

I finally came to a conclusion. I must miss Rin more than I wanted him to disappear.

He's my protector and comforter. He's my friend. I like him. I love him. And I abandoned him.

"You idiot, Shiemi!" I slammed my face into a pillow. "Idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot, IDIOT!!"

I reached for my phone on my bedside table. Struggling to see the dial pad through the tears blurring my vision, I tried my best to rely on motor memory and punched in Aki's phone number.

The phone buzzed continuously. My fingers tapped on the table so quickly both hands started cramping and I had to massage each one.

Suddenly the buzzing stopped, and a slight crackling of the other line came on the speakers. Aki picked up my call. I couldn't wait to talk.

"Aki! Where's Rin?! Where are you?"

I could hear Aki stammering on the other line, most likely surprised by my question. I didn't care. I just wanted answers, and fast.

"We're both at the hospital. Rin's in the emergency room getting some quick surgery."

"Surgery?! What the hell happened to him while I was gone?!"

"Um...Shiemi?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you change your mind? About Rin being a good guy? Why are you so worried about him all of a sudden?"

I sighed heavily and told him. "I had a change of heart...I miss him so much already. I love him. And I left him all because he has a bit of a power. I shouldn't even care. He won't hurt us. I hung out with him for almost 24 hours nonstop and nothing happened. It must have been a hard choice; picking our lives or our friendship. That's what he was deciding between the first time we saw his power. It was probably the only way he could save all three of us."

Aki listened through my rant before speaking up. "Well, if you want to come see him, we're at the closest hospital, which is still pretty far away. But you can probably take a train or something. Won't be that long a trip."

By the time he finished speaking, I was already dressed and beginning to grab a few things. "On my way! See you there after it gets dark!"

"Okay, b--"

I hung up the phone and slipped on my shoes. I didn't want to wait. I wanted to apologize to Rin, to embrace him again and to be soothed by his warmth. I wanted to kiss him again, and sober this time, so I could remember. I wanted to sleep with him, by his side, even if it will be in a hospital bed.

I sped out the door and across campus. I moved my legs faster and faster, breathing harder and harder, but I would not stop until I got to the train station. That's a mile or two away. I can sprint this.

I ran and ran, as fast as I could, across the grass, across the pavement, passing people along the way. I wish Rin was here alongside me. If I got tired I know he would simply lift me up onto his shoulders and walk the rest of the way with me. But no. Because I left him, I'm all alone. I'd have to run this myself.

"Shiemi?"

Suddenly I skidded to a halt. Standing there, a mere few feet away, was Yukio, keys in hand. "Need a ride to the station?" he asked, jingling the car key in front of him.

I doubled over in exhaustion, about to explode from breathing so hard. But I also couldn't be more relieved.

"Thank you, Yukio."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for reading the twenty-second chapter of my story! And YES!!! Shiemi is back to her old self! I'm so happy! Even though I wrote it...Sometimes I just make no sense. Anyway thank you so much for reading this chapter! Please vote, comment, and follow my profile and I try to update every day!