Endure It

Shiemi POV:

Shit. Perverted boys again?

I instinctively shrinked, trying to make myself look smaller behind Rin, who still had an arm around me, holding me close to him and confronting the group head-on.

"What do you need?" he asked, his face devoid of emotion. Might as well ask that question. I mean, they asked if they could talk to him.

"Just want to have a friendly conversation in the other room. Just me and you. Promise." Alright, now that it's confirmed that these guys aren't here to talk about sports, Rin can hopefully beat the shit out of them if needed. They looked like the really wanted to stab Rin.

How many fights does Rin get into? Within the few hours that I've known him for, three times Rin has gotten into trouble. He can keep his cool, but can break out a fight if needed. Which is what made me feel safe around him, despite his flames.

"About what? If it's not important, leave us the hell alone," he told them.

The boy he was confronting held his hand out. "I'm Seiya. Nice to meet you."

Rin held out his bandaged hand. But the moment he did so, I could see him wince. It wasn't the best thing he could have done in that moment, exposing the fact that he was injured. But nonetheless, Rin kept his cast out. He couldn't turn back now.

Seiya smirked. It was almost undetctable, but I could tell. He took Rin's bandaged hand in his own, shaking it a bit too hard. He was squeezing, as well.

Aki told me that Rin insisted on simple bandages rather than a full on cast. It was still a cast, perse, but just not as firm.

And Seiya was intentionally hurting Rin.

I saw both of their faces. Seiya looked like he was enjoying hurting Rin. But Rin's face stayed perfectly straight. He was making an effort not to scream from the pain. I could feel his body tensing, trembling as I leaned on him.

"Likewise," Rin said, perfectly normally. Seiya's eyes looked disappointed at Rin's lack of a reaction and dropped his bandaged hand.

"I was just wondering if I could talk to you in the other room. It's for a school project. I gotta interview a couple of random people and I need one more. It'll only take about the rest of the ride. Good way to spend your time, right? Just want to ask you a few questions about...geography."

Despite the obvious intentions of this boy, Rin still tried to be as respectful as possible. "Sorry, man, but I'm getting off next stop. There's that person right there who looks like he's been here for a while." Rin pointed to a middle aged man slouching in his seat.

Now Seiya just dropped the pretentious act alltogether. "Listen," he started. "Just come with me and no one gets hurt, alright? You wouldn't want your girl to get harmed at all, would you?" All of them eyed me up and down. I hugged Rin's arm tightly.

Rin stood up slowly in front of me and held his bandaged hands behind him. I held onto his wrists.

"What do you want?" he asked again.

Suddenly one of Seiya's group members snatched onto the neck of Rin's shirt with one hand, and another he gripped around Rin's neck loosely, not enough to cause real damage. Rin simply stood there, unfazed like this has clearly happened before.

"Nobody. Messes. With. Taro. You understand?"

These guys were with Taro. Damn, how many henchmen does Taro have? Just a bunch of fuckboy douchbags with no life. There must be a lot of those around here, then.

Suddenly the train came to a stop. It would be there for about 30 seconds and leave. This was our stop, but I couldn't leave Rin behind.

"Shiemi, I'll meet you at this stop. Get off the train."

"W-what? No, I'm not leaving you behind."

Suddenly the expression on Rin's face changed. His eyes looked pleading. "Please, just go! For your own safely!" he begged.

I was broken. I owed Rin something big, but does that mean I should stay or leave? He wants me to leave. But I leave too often. I run away from my problems too much.

"Rin, I can't leave you behind. I don't care if I get hurt."

"Shiemi, these guys will kill you if you don't! You saw Taro, right? He had a gun! To my head!"

I trembled as the memories of that moment returned.

What good would it do to stay here? Rin had a point. I should go.

"...please be safe." I told him.

He gave me a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

I took one last look at Rin, his smile warming my heart.

I had to find someone. An adult with athority, someone who can save Rin before he gets hurt.

I looked forward again and prepared to run.

But there was someone there already. One of Seiya's henchmen.

He grabbed me by my shoulders and roughly shoved me against the ground. I yelped as I hit the floor, clutching my head for protection. Through my fingers I could see Rin struggling to escape another person's grasp, trying to help me. But with a hand around his neck, he couldn't move.

"What'cha gonna do, bitch? Should'a left while you had the chance rather than trying to protect your dead meat of a boyfriend."

Suddenly, Seiya raised his fist. I could see Rin shut his eyes tight as Seiya began to punch Rin as he stood helpless, being held still by another guy. Seiya threw his fist against Rin's face, in the stomach, to his sides and front. Rin visibly braced for impact of every blow. He was whimpering in pain now, from his own hands and all the punches he was receiving.

"Rin!" I called out.

And as Rin hung his head, not having the energy to keep it up anymore, he looked at me through pessimistic and tired eyes. He couldn't fight back. All he could do was endure the pain, and that was starting to be difficult.

But my hopes returned. The door of the train swung open, and there was another young boy, standing in front of us.

"Leave. Him. Alone," Aki said.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for reading the twenty-eighth part of this story! Back to the action and stuff!