Full Body Protection

Shiemi POV:

We arrived at the party, being greeted by loads of drunk teenagers. It's hard to believe none of the teachers suspected any student of bringing in a keg of beer. That hoodie kid looks suspicious, and to me that kid actually kind of gives off the vibe of a girl... I've always been good at telling those vibes apart.

I began to shrink down as I saw the boys staring at me, more specifically everywhere but my face. I folded my hands in front of my chest.

As we stood there for a few seconds, I saw Rin sidestep until his back was directly in front of me, an intimidating glare on his face. He must have been watching the others. Once he was totally covering me up with his presence, he reached behind and beckoned me to take his hand. I did and said a silent thank you to him in my head. He was amazing.

We started to walk away from the crowd, hand in hand. He gripped mine tighter than usual. I stayed right by his side as we made our way through the mob of people until we reached a relatively empty corner.

"Did someone spike the drinks?!" he yelled over the blaring music and screams of classmates, cupping his hands around his mouth. "Or did someone bring in a keg of beer?"

I leaned in to his ear and talked at a normal volume. "I think that hoodie kid brought in a keg." The moment I finished that sentence, I breathed in through my nose, capturing the scent of him. The feeling of his presence was comforting. Standing right there, my body practically against his and our faces only inches away from each other, I stayed right in that position. My eyes closed and I leaned in a bit closer.

This must have been really weird and awkward for Rin, because after a few seconds of me practically leaning all of my body weight on the side of his arm, he shifted a bit and grabbed my shoulders, pushing me back up into a standing position.

That was a heavenly few seconds, but after I realized what I'd been doing, I felt my face burn. My arms squeezed tight at my sides. Rin chuckled and smiled at me. "You haven't even had a drink yet and you're acting drunk already," he said. "Is this a normal thing with you? Have teachers ever suspected you of sneaking in booze of your own?"

"W-what? Once when I fell asleep in class a lot," I responded. That did actually happen. "They asked to do a dorm search thinking I was sleeping everyday and blushing so much because I was drunk."

Rin sneered. "That happened to me once and they thought I was doing drugs or some shit. But what teachers don't understand is that I just like to sleep!"

I giggled. "Well, I mean we can sleep in all we want tomorrow, so how about draining the keg?"

Rin stumbled back, dramatically shocked. He gasped. "I'm appalled. Do you really think after 15 years of never being drunk, I'd suddenly start drinking at a party full of random people?--well, you're right." He maneuvered his way through the crowd until he reached the table full of food and drinks, grabbed three cups and filled them to the brim with low quality alcohol, took both on the back of his hands and balanced the third on his head.

I smiled. "What d'ya bet you couldn't walk back to where we just were balancing those?"

He looked at me, one eyebrow raised. "If I do, you have to chug all three. Then I'll go back for more. If I lose than nothing happens. Deal?"

"Nothing happens? But then you should drink it!"

He innocently smiled for show. "But then I'll already be covered in it. It'll spill on me."

I made a taunting face. "Deal."

Suddenly he started speed walking towards the corner during a time when the crowd was temporarily split. I jogged after him as he stumbled to keep perfect balance like a gyroscope. I couldn't stop laughing. He swiveled from side to side, the liquid inside the cup on his head splashing slightly. Small streams of beer trickled down his hair and dripped onto his shirt.

"Damn, you're actually almost there!" I encouraged. He maniacally grinned in return and trudged onward.

But just as soon as the crowd split to let him through, they rammed back in at full speed. What happened after that was like in slow motion for me; Rin screamed 'no' over and over as another boy slammed into him, knocking him over and spilling the beer all over his clothes.

I couldn't hold back my stream of laughter now. I doubled over and clutched my stomach, shaking with the guffaws that came out of my mouth. Rin sat up and just stayed there, in the middle of the crowd, dripping wet with booze. He theatrically hung his head, which made me fall on my knees with laughter. The boy that knocked Rin over came up to him and patted his soaked back. "You're a trooper, kid. I saw you and had to just ram into you. Good job." He offered Rin a toothy grin and left.

"Thank you for that, senpai!!" Rin called out after him.

I stood up and walked over to Rin. "You lost," I told him.

"Thanks for that totally relevant and virtually unnoticeable observation," he responded and joined me in my uncontrollable laughter.

We stayed like that for minutes, on the ground, laughing as the crowd danced all around us and the omnipresent music blasted in our ears.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for reading the eleventh part of my fan fiction! I was hoping that something was about to go down this chapter and make everything cute, but I thought Rin protecting Shiemi again was cute enough, and then Rin spilling drinks all over himself and them both laughing uncontrollably on the ground.

But I noticed something...WE HAVE 100 READS NOW!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!