Payback's a Bitch

Rin POV:

She's gone.

She left me here.

Alone.

"AAAAAAGH!!!!!!!" I hopped up onto my feet again. My fist slammed into the nearest wall on impulse. I could have saved them still. I could have saved them without scaring her off. I could have. I should have!!

Suddenly a jolt of pain shot up through my arm as my fist came in contact with the concrete of the walls. But I didn't care. I kept punching, right and left hands flying through the air. I could feel my bones shattering, breaking, cracking under my skin, but I didn't care. Why should I care?

A bit of the wall cracked where my last blow came in contact. I dropped to the ground, curled up, clutching on hand with my other hand, which didn't work that well. It wasn't the pain that bothered me, rather the vibrations rattling my shattered skeleton structure.

Aki was leaning against a wall in the corner of the room. He looked concerned, but didn't make an effort to approach me. Good. I'm glad.

"You should get those bandaged up now," he stated.

"Why do you care?" I retorted. I'm sick and tired of the world. I don't even want to stand up.

"Because," he said. "I'm your friend and I care about your health and well being, and right now you just broke almost every bone hand bone you have. If you don't bandage those up now, they'll never heal. I'm taking you to the hospital."

I felt him grab my wrist and lift me on my feet. I didn't bother to try standing, but once I was on my feet the best thing was just to remain standing. So I did.

Aki quickly typed something into his phone and then put it down. "The nearest hospital is about an hour away from here. I can drive and I'll borrow the keys to my brother's car. Let's ride."

"But aren't you under age?"

Aki shrugged. "We all got drunk last night and we're really underage for that. Driving shouldn't be a big deal. A police sees us, he won't blink twice."

"Fair enough."

We both walked out of the door. I realized that I had a pretty bad limp. Must have stepped on something or sprained my ankle.

We made it to the parking lot after 20 minutes of walking across the entire campus with a handicap. I sprained my ankle, I could feel it. And I could feel it swell up.

"Hop in the driver's seat. There should be an electronic ice pack somewhere in the glove compartment.

I looked at my hands, at the door handle, then back at Aki. "Um...Aki?"

"Right, right." He flung the door open and grabbed the ice pack thing himself. I sat down on the seats. I relaxed into the cushiony seats and blasted the AC on high. Then turned the volume on the radio up to almost the max.

"Dude! Your brother's car has a monster of a sound system! Listen!"

A song was blasting through the cars. The bass was extremely high and it made my heart beat to the rhythm. I felt like the blood running through my veins was made out of the music. It felt good. I felt better.

Aki started the car and jolted out of the parking spot.

"Prepare yourself," he warned me. "Before we get to the highway, I'm gonna drive like a maniac. Saves us some time. I want to get back soon to check in on Sakura."

I nodded. I could read his lips through the music and I understood what he meant. I want to know if Sakura got to safety alright.

Suddenly Aki shook and reached into his pocket. He pulled out his phone which was vibrating to its max.

"Good timing." I turned the music off with my wrist as Aki pressed 'answer' for the call he was getting.

"Sakura!" he started. "Are you okay? Are you safe?"

I could hear her through the phone. "I'm fine. I made it back to my dorm and police already have Taro and Hide in cuffs. How are you? Hows Shiemi and Rin?"

"Shiemi..." he hesitated. "She passed out, and when she came to she ran off. And I'm taking Rin to the hospital right now."

A gasp sounded from her that was even audible to me. "Is he alright? Taro didn't hurt him, did he?"

"Nah," I said loudly so the phone could pick it up. Aki moved the phone closer to me. "I'm fine, but my hands hurt like a bitch after they took a little punishment. And I sprained my ankle.

Sakura sighed. "So what happened after I left, exactly?

Aki pulled the phone back to his mouth again. "Rin was Taro's target. They injected Shiemi with something and she couldn't move. Taro was about to shoot Rin when they spotted some cops and decided to bail. The three of us got out of there safe and sound."

"Thank god! I'll see you guys when you get back. And Aki..."

"Yeah?"

"Can you maybe...meet me somewhere at, say...9 pm?"

I grinned and looked at Aki. The boy was blushing the color of a cooked lobster. "Say yes!" I hissed through clenched smiling teeth.

"U-um, yeah. Of course. Just pick a place and I'll be there."

I could hear some people giggling in the background. Must be some of her female friends. "Okay! See you then!"

The call ended and Aki dropped his phone.

"Dude," I said. "You are SO getting laid tonight."

Aki smacked my knee and I laughed. "Shut up, man!" He was trying to suppress the huge grin that was on his face, but eventually the grin won.

We both were laughing as Aki speed down the long empty road, cheering and hooting all the while.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for reading the twenty-first chapter of my story! I think it's progressing nicely and I like where it's going, but it's still sad af to me. Also be sure to check out some Inktober drawings! Please vote, comment, and follow my profile and I try to update daily!