The Fight Part 3

Other POV: no set point of view, just a third person

Rin and Shiemi shuffled their feet to the police car that had pulled up for them on the side of the road. Both of them hung their heads for entirely different reasons. Shiemi was ashamed. Rin was trying to hide his face, his anger and rage.

They hopped into the seats. Rin was shoved roughly inside, and Shiemi let out a small gasp. But she was gently escorted in next to him, and she saw his face staring out the window, quite the opposite of serene. It was evident his jaw was clenched tight, his eyebrows pressed together in frustration.

Shiemi couldn't help but feel bad. All her words reduced a boy she once liked to the state he was in now. If only she didn't snap. If only she had the patience. Why did it matter to her whether or not Rin told her what happened between him and Yukio?

But even in her doubt, she turned her head away and looked out her own window. The scenery flew past like birds, zooming by faster than her eye could capture.

Rin continued to stare out his window. All he could think about was anger. Rage. His clenched fists and how infuriated and hurt he was from Shiemi's piercing words. Hurt enough to want to hurt her back.

Before the two of them knew it, the police car had parked in front of the station. The two officers stepped out first, the meeker, brainier one leading Shiemi inside, while the brawny, tough one pulled Rin roughly out of the car and pushed him down the walkway to the station. Rin didn't struggle. He was in too much pain to react.

The doors opened, and they met with another officer sitting at a desk. The police must have decided that these two teenagers were no real threat.

"So, tell me what happened. You two got into a fight?"

Neither of the two kids responded. They didn't even meet his eye. They simply continued to stare directly at the ground, hoping to just stay in that position forever.

"You, what's your name?" he raised a finger to the blond haired girl with sad eyes.

"Shiemi," she responded meekly. "Shiemi Moriyama."

"Shiemi Moriyama," he repeated. "And you, sir?"

Rin didn't look up, nor did he open his mouth. His teeth stayed clenched tight.

"Ms. Moriyama, can you tell me his name?"

"Rin Okumura..." Even as the words rolled off her lips they tasted bitter now. She had no idea why. His reaction was justified, however something about the interaction was sour and more than displeasing.

"Mr. Okumura, can you tell me why you became violent?"

Rin didn't respond.

"Mr. Okumura, I'm asking you to cooperate with me here."

Silence.

The man sighed. "Ms. Moriyama, can you tell me what happened back there?"

Shiemi bit her lip. What happened was all she could think about on the way here, but it was worse to say it to someone else.

"I...I said some horrible things to him, and he got angry at me, in short," Shiemi told him. It was true, just a very sparse answer to his question.

The man turned to Rin. "Mr. Okumura, I have no idea what your girlfriend said to you, but that does not mean your response was justified. Do you hear me?"

Suddenly, Rin slammed his clenched hand on the table. His sweaty, messy and matted hair hung over his eyes.

"She's not my girlfriend," he hissed.

Just as those words left Rin's mouth, tears poked at Shiemi's eyes like needles. Threatening to spill out, to pour out like rain on her outfit.

They were so happy together. They were such a compatible couple, perfect in everyone's eyes. What had happened?

Shiemi hung her head low and let her neck go slack. She had brought up Yukio to him. She had insulted him, mocked him and tormented him. And she brought up his dead father.

His response was justified.

And it was because of her.

Thank you for reading the forty-sixth chapter of this story! This chapter is extremely short on purpose, if it was longer it would be bad. Thank you again so very much, and please vote, comment, and follow my profile and I update every day!