Acceptance

[Y/N]
———

Dazai's is a very scary man when he's angry. The only thing I would tell you is to just be straight up.

Odasaku's words echoed in my head as I slowly went up to Dazai's office. Every step I took became slower and heavy. My heart was racing a million miles an hour and I felt scared. I decided to chat with Oda, see what he thought about it, but it was obvious that I didn't really have a choice.

As much as I didn't want to tell him, I had to. No secrets were kept between us and that's how it's always been. I mean, at one point I thought, it's not a secret unless he asks if anything is going on between us. But in the end, it'll probably be worse.

I dreadfully stood at his door and slowly knocked before entering. As I walked in, I saw his serious expression turn into a happier one. He gave me a small smile and waved at me to sit down.

"So you write?" Dazai asked, pulling out a folder piece of paper. "This was interesting."

I unfolded it and realized it was the first short story that I gave to Odasaku. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Dazai.

"How did you get this?" I asked.

"Odasaku gave it to me." He responded, taking it out of my hands before I could take it away.

I shook my head and sighed. I was honestly ready to just get up and leave because I felt horrible. I closed my eyes. I could hear my heart pounding hard and fast against my chest. I stayed silent for a few moments before speaking up.

"Dazai, I'm dating Chuuya." I said quietly.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. Dazai's expression was unreadable. He stayed silent for a few moments, his eye twitched as I saw his cheeks begin to flush red. He cleared his throat, and placed his hands on his desk.

"Why?" His tone was low and calm. It was obvious that he was suppressing a lot of anger right now.

I couldn't understand why he hated Chuuya so much. I let out a small sight and rubbed my neck.

"Well he's really sweet and a gentleman. I just... really like-" My voice was interrupted as Dazai's door slammed open.

"Hey idiot, where are those papers I asked-" Chuuya stopped as he saw me and Dazai.

My eyes widened as I kept looking at Dazai. His eyes slowly moved towards Chuuya. I turned my head around and looked back at him with fear in my eyes.

Chuuya's eyes widened as he looked into mine, realizing what was happening. Before he could move, Dazai told him to stay. I froze as I heard Dazai get up from his chair. Chuuya let out a sigh and crossed his arms, glaring at Dazai.

"What? It's not like I could tell my heart to fuck off. It just happened." Chuuya shrugged.

Dazai stayed still for a few moments. In a second, Chuuya was slammed and pinned to the wall. My heart beat faster as I stayed still. I didn't know what was going to happen, but I knew he wasn't going to hurt him. Dazai knew very well if so much as did anything to him, that would mean me getting sad.

"Listen very carefully, Chuuya-" Dazai growled, "if you so much as do anything to put her life in danger anymore than it already is- I will not hesitate for a second to kill you."

I watched as Chuuya's collected face turned into an annoyed one.

"Listen asswipe, I'm not stupid." Chuuya huffed as he pushed Dazai off of him.

I saw Dazai's fists clench and I immediately went up behind him, tightly embracing him. I refrained his arms from moving anywhere else and silently hoped that he wouldn't do anything.

"You know damn well who I am and what I'm capable of. We've been partners for a good 12 years and what? You suddenly don't trust me anymore? No. That's not how it works. I've saved your ass from many, many of your stupid decisions." Chuuya said in irritation, "So don't think I can't keep someone else, your sister, out of danger."

I felt my heart swell a little as I heard Chuuya speak. Dazai stayed quiet for a few moments before speaking up. I let go of him.

"Yeah I know." Dazai sighed before letting out a small sniffle, "but I just don't want anything to happen to my precious nugget."

Dazai turned around and hugged me. He lifted me up, making it so that we were face to face. I looked at him for a few moments in confusion. My arms were now restrained and my feet were dangling in the air. Before I could tell him to let go, he began letting out fake cries.

Crying about how Chuuya wasn't as strong as him to really stop any danger. He started talking about how he was always there for me and that only he knew how to make me feel better when I was sick or sad.

"I just love you so much and I can't let a toxic rat take you away from me." He 'cried.'

I rolled my eyes and sighed trying to wiggle myself out of his grasp. I looked at Chuuya. His cheeks were red with anger, I could see him holding himself back from attacking Dazai.

"Dazai, stop being a baby and let me go." I said, waving my feet around.

"You have to promise that you'll never love Chuuya more than you love me." Dazai pouted, giving me his sad puppy eye look. I stay silent for a few moments before sighing.

"Fine. I promise.... You're still so goddamn embarrassing it's ridiculous." I mumbled as my cheeks reddened.

"Good!" He smiled.

Chuuya let out a sigh in annoyance and shook his head as Dazai set me down. As soon as I started walking towards Chuuya, Dazai pulled me back from behind into hug. He then rested his chin on my head.

"Dazai." I groaned. "I have things to do leave me alone."

"What? Chuuya? Yeah no. That isn't happening." Dazai snorted.

I blushed as Chuuya's cheeks reddened. Chuuya furrowed his eyebrows and clenched his fists.

"Listen you ass, you-" Chuuya pointed at Dazai, "-have papers to write. Get to work, Bastard." He rolled his eyes as he left Dazai's office.

Dazai stuck his tongue out as Chuuya shut the door behind him. He gave me a small squeeze before he pulled away from me and sat on his desk.

"Do you really want to go out with that?" Dazai asked in disgust.

-

yes, yes i do wanna go out with that