Where art thou?

Chuuya

----------

"Chuuya, let's take a photo to remember our time here!"

Before I could reject Dazai's annoying request, he quickly wraps his arm around my neck and puts a camera in front of us. He snaps the photo, with a flash. I push him away and rub my eyes. I blink rapidly, trying to get rid massive green and purple circles cluttering my vision.

"You piece of shit." I muttered.

I sighed and pulled out my phone. Dazai and I were currently in Paris, France. It was 2 am. We were waiting for our private jet to arrive and take us back home. Mori had assigned us a task that involved meeting up with an old friend of his. Our task here was to make a few negotiations with the organization he had owned here himself.

"What presents did you get for my nugget? I got her a pretty necklace and a croissant." Dazai bragged, holding up a black bag he'd been carrying around.

"Why the fuck would you get her a croissant?" I asked, shaking my head.

"Because she's always wanted one. Of course you wouldn't know because you're not me." He sassed, crossing his arms and looking away.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I obviously had gotten her a gift. It was a small, all black, obsidian ring. It was simple yet sweet. I remember [Y/N] talking about wanting one once. I wanted to get her more things but I was just so unsure. I didn't know what else to get her. I sort of felt bad.

[Y/N] had not been answering any of our phone calls or messages. It was worrying, but I assumed the possibility that she broke her phone.

The jet eventually arrived and we got on, flying back home to Yokohama, Japan.

-- The Next Day --

"Welcome back." Mori greeted, as we stumbled into his office.

Mori sighed as he walked over to the two chair's in the middle of the room. He chose the one facing out towards the glass windows. Dazai took the other seat while I stood in between them; covering a yawn with my hand.

"I know it's you just came back, but we have a very, very bad problem in our hands right now. A problem that I blame myself for." Mori sighed.

Dazai's eyebrows furrowed together, giving me a glance before looking back at Mori. I cross my arms and make the same expression. We both stare at Mori, silently waiting for him to continue.

"[Y/N] is gone. The Guild has her. We have no idea where she is. I'm still unsure if Francis is going to act on his threat or not." Mori sighed.

My eyes widened and Dazai stays silent. I feel my heart begin to race as panic floods within me.

"How long has she been gone?" I ask.

"12 days. Two days after you two had left." He answers, staring out the window, deep in thought.

I clench my fists in anger and shake my head. Dazai stands up and lets out a sigh.

"Please inform us if you receive any more information." He briefly says before leaving.

Mori nods as we both leave his office. Dazai and I head up to his office in silence. Being his partner for so long, even though he had such a calm face, I knew that he was angry and upset. Once we sit down, Dazai finally breaks our long silence.

"Chuuya, I've never seen my sister use her abilities before. But from all the records I've gone through, it's horrifying. It's like yours, Chuuya."

My eyes widened. She never mentioned anything else aside invisibility. "What do you mean?"

"There is one outcome that I hope, I hope doesn't happen." He pauses for a few moments before continuing. "You two would have to fight each other."

"Dazai no, that-" Before I could retort he cut me off.

"Yes it's possible Chuuya. I told you, it's like yours. The only difference being is that when her main objective is done, her ability will deactivate. Though, she gets wounded somehow? Listen, if it does come to that-"

Dazai was cut off by my phone. I sighed in annoyance and picked up my phone; looking at the collar ID. It was a private number. I furrowed my eyebrows and declined the call. Before I could shove my phone back into my pocket, it rang again. The called ID was the same; private. I rolled my eyes and answered.

"Hello?"

Chuuya? Please listen to me, I don't know what to do, they're gonna plan-

"[Y/N]?"

My breathing hitched as I looked at Dazai in panic. What were the chances of [Y/N] calling? Now? Dazai's eyebrows knitted together and he leaned closer, motioning me to put it on speaker.

"[Y/N], where are you?" Dazai asked, his voice filled with concern.

Just listen to me please, the guild, they're planning to get revenge on you guys and other organizations, they want to use me and -

[Y/N]'s voice was caught off by a loud bang. Dazai's eyes shot up at me with fear. Yelling could be heard in the back ground by a man.

What do you think you're doing?! Who are you talking to? We leave you alone for 2 minutes and you fucking try to escape?

We hear, who we think is, [Y/N] scream in pain. I felt my heart break into two as we hear things crashing. After a few moments everything settles down and we hear harsh coughing coming closer to the phone before the call ends.

Dazai eyes were locked onto mine the whole time. His eyes were watery. I blinked rapidly, noticing that mine were too. He broke eye contact and let his head fall into his hands

"My sister.. I just got her back.. I can't loose her again.." Dazai whispered.

I shot up from my seat.

"I'm gonna have them track this number." I huffed, rage filling in me.

Dazai looked up at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

"But it's a private number."

"Yeah and we're the fucking Mafia. Thanks for stating the obvious." I spat before walking out of his room.

--