Uncertainty

Ozaki's POV
-

"So the girl is working with you? Here? Pervert."

I rolled my eyes at Mori's inability to tell the poor soul that he wanted to be with her, romantically. Mori didn't have to say anything to me about the girl. All I knew was that once I heard the boss was getting a personal assistant, and that the assistant was already working here, something was up. I had never seen the old fart interested in someone that wasn't Elise. Speaking of which-

"Where is the young one?" I asked.

"Non-existent for the time being until I need her." Mori responded, writing god knows what on papers.

"Oh, that's right." I sighed.

I walked over to the massive glass panes that covered Mori's wall. It completely slipped my mind that Elise wasn't actually real. She was just apart of Mori's abilities, doing whatever Mori had wanted her to do or be. The only reason she was always around him was because he wanted her to be. Obviously since he's finally grown a heart, he doesn't care too much for her.

All that's left is for him to grow a damn pair.

"So what's your plan here? What are you do with her? How are you going to get at her?" I asked.

"Who?" Mori asked stupidly.

"You have a doctoral degree and run a mafia. I'm sure you're smart enough to infer who I'm taking about here." I answered.

Mori stayed silent. The sound of his pen moving against the paper filled the room with noise until he stopped and sighed.

"I don't know."

I looked back at him in pity. It took him so long to finally realize how alone he was. Elise wasn't going to give him everything he needed.

I think

Mori was always so occupied with work. I didn't think love would ever cross his mind at one point in his life. Although since it did, I genuinely wasn't surprised it was Dazai's sister out of all the women in the world.

I had seen her only once in all her guts and glory when Yokohama was under attack. But even then, I didn't know the girl. Even though I was slightly amused at the fact Mori had possibly developed feelings for someone, I had a bad feeling it was for the wrong reasons.

I didn't know Mori well enough to know his interests, or the girl, to know what he could possibly like about her. There would have to be something she possessed that attracted Mori.

Could it be her looks? Or her smarts? What about her abilities? Maybe her personality?

"When will she be arriving?"

"In about a few minutes or so."

It wasn't my business, but I wanted to know. Something about this situation seemed off to me, but of course, many things were off to me.

The office stayed quiet until someone else entered the room.

It was unusual, but I was slightly eager to meet her.

"[Y/N]!" Mori greeted. A little too happy.

I looked at the so called [Y/N] and analyzed her from head to toe. She was indeed attractive. Her eyes were wide and came off as innocent. The way she walked in only showed her nervousness. It was obvious she lacked some confidence, but I'd highly doubt it was because of anything physical.

The girls smile was obviously forced in someway. That had already confirmed my suspicions about the situation. I think she knew Mori had some interest in her, but of course, I was mostly unsure.

"Hello Mori." She greeted.

"[Y/N], please introduce yourself to Ozaki. She is one of the executives at the Mafia."

The girl took no time in walking over to me and extending her arm out. I looked at her hand momentarily before deciding to touch it.

Her grip was firm and her smile became genuine when she introduced herself.

"Hello Ozaki. It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is [Y/N]."

I only nodded and kept a sour face. She wasn't fazed in the slightest by my judgmental bitterness and retracted her hand from mine. Clearly she wasn't new to this environment, which either meant she had a strong mentality or either was too kind to make assumptions or ideas about someone by first impression.

[Y/N] walked over to Mori's desk, and for once, that man had actually bothered to look away from his work and be indulged in conversation.

[Y/N] seemed to be professional with her actions and moves. The way she spoke was with clarity and tenderness. Because of this, Mori seemed to be transfixed on her words.

This disgusted me, but nevertheless also left me worried. I don't know if the development of this would lead to the death or prosperity of the Mafia. This young woman could hold such great power in her hands, even though it was indirect.

I decided to do some research among others regarding her before actually meeting with her and seeing for myself what sort of magic she withheld.

And boy, was she an interesting one.

-

srry for the short one but i wanted to get this outta the way. Address why Elise wasn't appearing and do a different pov instead of y/n all the time, ya feel?