Nellis

Sunday July 2nd, 2278
Doctor Wayne Harrison
Entry #10
Mojave Desert

Dear journal, while I was running through The Mojave Desert, I came across a makeshift camp. The man who was laying on top of the makeshift bedding was dead. He was dressed as a member of The Legion. I had learned about The Legion from my dad. They're the NCR's rival.

What makes The Legion absolutely horrible? Everything. They pillage towns, burn buildings, steal everything and anything they wanna, and they even take people as slaves. The Legion is run by some man named Caesar who is only wanting to destroy New Vegas and rule The Mojave. I can't believe who would wanna do any of those horrible things to a society that is trying to be restored.

It's not war, it's insanity. Anyway, I took the guys clothes and helmet off of him and saw what had killed him. There was 5 gunshot wounds right in his chest. They didn't go right through him, but I didn't think there was any saving to be done, so I picked up his body and laid him down in the river bank below me. Down there, I filled a couple bottles of water up and added some iodine to purify the water.

I then took a look inside the bedding and saw that the man carried a machete. Perfect! I took it and cleaned it off and decided I'd use it. Machetes are probably my favorite handheld weapon. I now had a Plasma Pistol, a Machete, a belt of grenades, and a Sniper Rifle.

I had everything that I needed. Apart from the weapons, I had my medical supplies, The Pack Tracker, ammo, and water. Now all I needed was food. Time to hunt! I took my Sniper Rifle and Machete and headed south of camp to find something I can hunt. I was out for 1 hour and then I finally saw it.

It was a Nightstalker. I had laid on my stomach staring at it through my scope. The predator was eating a Gecko it had already killed. I took a deep breath and shot twice. One bullet missed and the other went through his neck.

I picked the corpse up and hauled it back to camp and cooked it up. It was pretty good even though I wasn't much of a cook. I'm starting to grow so lonely out here. I miss The Vault. I miss my friends and my colleagues.

I'm not sure where exactly I am, but all I know is that I'm far..far...from home. Seems like when you're out alone somewhere, there's only one person that is with you. Your mind. It's a curse and a blessing for someone that has now been prisoner 2 times. It was completely overwhelming.

I took a look at the Pack Tracker in my bag. It was a little remote with a monitor in the middle and an antenna on the top of it. I didn't get a single beep from the screen, but I will soon. And soon, I'm gonna find my parents. When I find them, I'm gonna go back home and no longer be lost.

I gotta get some sleep.

Doctor Harrison out.

Monday July 3rd, 2278
Doctor Wayne Harrison
Entry #11
Nellis AFB

Dear journal, once again, a horrible turn events. After packing up all my stuff and leaving my camp again, I saw a huge Radscorpion. I have a horrible fear of them. Whenever the beast recognized me, I tried shooting it and missed. I then started running away from it. I kept running and running and running.

All of sudden, I saw these people running beside me. One of the guys looked over at me as he was running and said "ITS THE BOOMERS! RUN! GO!". I said "The what?!". I never heard of those, and right then, I heard something hurling and ripping through the air above us. The ground below one of the people running in front of me had exploded and sent him flying in the air.

I was almost certain I saw his legs come off his body and fly back behind me. These were missiles! What was going on?! I started panicking more! I ran even faster and soon enough the ground below me had blasted up and I found myself tossed in the air and I hit my body on the side of a barbed wire fence.