The Anomaly

Friday August 11th, 2278
Doctor Wayne Harrison
New California Republic Correctional Facility
Entry #17

Dear journal, I've been in this prison for 4 days now and i gotta say, it's not too bad. I mean, it's bad, but not the worst. I'm doing something I love. Science. Yet I'm in a cell and constantly watched by escaped convicts.

I had to make some Stimpaks and Chems for The Man With The Hollow Voice and his crew. They would test them all out and give me a thumbs up if they were good. They even raised my bid to 100,000 caps. Now I've come to some kinda....phenomenon. So you remember a couple months ago where I was kept prisoner by The Fiends at Vault 4?

During my escape with Maria, I remember encountering a Raider who seemed to be heavily intoxicated, but what was strange about it was that the man had been trying to claw me down to him. He had bloodshot eyes, a slobbery mouth, and it almost sounded like he was moaning. Then a couple days after that while Maria and I were staying at that Followers Of The Apocalypse Outpost, I had encountered one of the doctors there, Doctor Baldwin, with the same exact symptoms as that Raider, but worse. Before my duel with King Linus in that basement, he had threw me against the wall and tried to bite me. And then after that, during my battle with King Linus, Doctor Baldwin had bit The Raider King's ear off before his death.

Could these 2 events be somehow connected? It had to be something in the supplies. Raiders are heavy users of drugs and The Followers make the stuff. Both men had bloodshot eyes, slobbering mouths, the cannibalism, and the moaning. There's something odd going on in The Wasteland.

And something tells me that it's worse then what I'm going through. But if I can continue my investigation on this, I could put a stop to it before it gets worse. I'm just gonna need to confirm my suspicions. Maybe some of my Chems i got from that outpost in my bag could help me out. I could analyze the strands of the drugs to see if something was laced.

Whatever it was, it was very powerful. I'll post what results I have of my experiment in tomorrows entry. I gotta get to work.

Doctor Harrison out.

Saturday August 12th, 2278
Doctor Wayne Harrison
New California Republic Correctional Facility
Entry #18

Dear journal, in all my years of studying science and medicine....I've never seen anything like this before. I ran all the Chems through tests and all seemed normal, except for one. The Med-X. I took some Med-X that I got from the Followers Of The Apocalypse Outpost and I had took some of mine I made on my own. I emptied both of the syringes into 2 microscope slides and took a look at them under the microscope.

The Med-X Serum from the Followers Outpost had looked the same as regular Med-X Serum, but something still didn't feel right so I ran a fluids test on my auto doc drive on my terminal. The tests came back this morning at 1 and had said that there had been an added strand to the fluid from the a Followers Outpost. An added strand? How could this be? I then had to confirm my suspicions to this to the man with the hollow voice by asking him if I could use someone for an experiment.

So he let me borrow 2 people. I gave them both Med-X. One from the Followers Outpost and one I made myself. The man that had taken the regular Med-X had been completely fine after about 5 minutes. He reported the exact regular effects and side effects that come with taking Med-X.

Side effects are headache and muscle aching. The effects are him being able to take good hits to his body and still putting up a fight, which he did. The man who had taken the other had been just fine until after about 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, the man had fallen to the ground holding his head. Soon he didn't speak or move as he was on the floor.

Then he had gotten up and raised his head up slowly. The man was no longer a man. He was a beast in a mans body. The man had saliva flowing up to the top of his mouth, his eyes were red, and he had been very hostile. He almost killed The Man With The Hollow Voice by attacking him, but after he had tried taking a bite of his neck, the man with the hollow voice had put a bullet in him.

So my suspicions had been confirmed. The Med-X from the Followers Of The Apocalypse had been stranded with a sort of formula that turns you into some kind of cannibalistic monster! One things for sure is that The Followers couldn't have done this intentionally. I mean, what would be the point? And besides.

The Followers test their Chems before handing them out to the public. So at some point, the Med-X from the Followers Outpost had been intercepted and sabotaged by the serum before they were delivered to the outpost. If the Med-X was sabotaged, who could've got their hands on this poison and who would they be affiliated with? Why would they do this? Only time can answer these questions.

Once I figure out who I'm being sold to tomorrow, I can make a run for it. I'll make it up the escape plan as I go. I've got to go to sleep now.

Doctor Harrison out.