Chapter 4: Meow!?

I apologize for any errors! I was ready to update! :) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are numerous things I am currently thinking about-am confused about-but there is one thing I'm sure of: it is hot! I mean boiling, steaming! Granted, there is a gentle breeze which is barely caressing my body, but even then it's still painfully humid.

My eyelids quiver as I try to open them. I soon give up. I couldn't even manage to split them open a centimeter. I take a deep breath, hoping for it to possibly soothe this migraine that is hammering my head. I can't move, my body refuses to move, except for my ears, which are flickering at every possible sound. And my nose is twitching at every stench...

What? I'm not making sense.

What the hell happened?

My memory is fogged. I'm only getting cinematic glimpses of the night before. I remember entering the circus with my friends and someone tossing a stuffed monkey at me...

That's all.

Did we decide to ditch the place and go drinking instead? Did I get drugged? Maybe that's why I don't remember. If that's the case then, where am I? I hope I'm home. Please oh please oh please. I again, in vain, try to open my eyes. One twitches open for a moment before engulfing me in black once more.

Jaw clenched, I release the tension, bones cracking as I open my mouth wide. I drag my tongue across my lower lips. I desire water.

A strong breeze smacks my face, and something grainy wafts up my nose, making me sneeze. The force of the sneeze makes my eyes water, finally granting me the ability to open them. There is bright light and blurry archaic colors, then after some rapid blinking, things become lucid.

"I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore..."

I blink a few more times. The scenery doesn't change. Oh, I'm dreaming. That's the only sensical explanation! The first thing that can be observed is the dirt. There is plenty of dirt. And sand. The second thing that comes to focus are the people in colorful and unusual clothing. The men were wearing nude or mud colored pants and shirts. Their turbans were of a different color, but dulled as if they've been worn by the sun for ages. The women wore long jewelled robes.

A huge, inhuman, wheezy shrill makes me jump. A donkey? We have those, just not in the city. But here are four passing right before my eyes, all pulling rundown wooden carts.

What!?

The buildings are stocky and poorly built; some aren't even standing straight. There are a few, however, that seem to be of quality and color.

There are thin children running around, others are crying and holding out their hands as if begging for something. I see some women doing the same thing. There is plenty of the chatter; the streets are not bare.

I think I'm going to have to pinch myself. I lift my paw to do just that.

Paw!?

PAW!?

Sobering up, I shake my head. Holy shit! That's not a hand-that's...that's a freaking paw! I can only stare, disbelief clouding any judgment my brain might have had. The very thing that shouldn't be connected to my body is there. Grey at the base, it shifts into white at the ankles. Pinks pads and sharp, gleaming claws are included in this nightmare.

Oh! All of them! My arms and legs have turned into paws! And...oh...my...God! Is that a fricking tail!? My tail wiggles in tune with my jumbled emotions.