Phone Call

"Hello?" I answered "Where are you?!?" she asked "Why?" I asked "Because I got a call from Kellin saying you weren't home and he said he went to the office and they said you paid for four months rent and left, he's worried to death" "Yeah I bet" I said with annoyed tone "Why be like that?" she asked "He never loved me and lied to me the whole time" I said "You got in a fight, something you two are going to do, he's not perfect why'd you expect everything to be?" she asked "I understand he's not perfect but this involves a baby" I said "so you ran away because of a fight? isn't that running away from your problems? something you said you never would do because it's something your mom would do" I sighed "Well I am not my mom, I am staying for my kid" I said "So you're in South Carolina?, I figured" I sighed "Yes" I said "Well try to come home soon, I got to go bye" she said "Okay bye" I said and I hung up the phone then I got up and walked to Braxtons room and she is playing with her barbies I sat on her bed watching her smiling then my phone rang it was Kellin I hit ignore I then began watching Braxton again "Mommy?" she asked "yeah baby?" I said "Where is my daddy?" "In California" I said "Can I see my daddy?" she asked "No baby I can't even see your daddy" I said "Okay" she said I am glad she stopped asking about Jake I wasn't wanting to explain to a five year old she was never going to see her dad because he was in jail she than proceeded to play with her barbies.

At about 7:00 is when we sat down and ate it was silent and no one talked then we finished eating and I gave Braxton a bath and put her in her Dora pj's and tucked her into bed as I was about to turn the light off and leave but then Braxton spoke "Mommy? Can you read me a story?" I looked at the time it was 8:37 "Yeah baby" I said then I went to her bookshelf and I pulled out Goodnight Moon and began reading it to her and her eyes would close and then open I think she was resisting to sleep then she finally feel asleep as I closed the book I smiled and kissed her forehead and I put the book back on the shelf I walked out turning off the light and walked to my bedroom and I was frightened with Kellin sitting on my bed