Vampire Guardian: Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.

Dead Man's Arms - Bishop Briggs

The vampire court is more dangerous than the humans. There's strict punishments and vampires try not to break the rules to be punished.

It's odd to have a court for the large population of vampires because all of them are murderers from killing humans and drinking their blood right? Well this type of court is about going against your own kind and you can never get away with it.

Vampires sense everything... they will hunt you down.

The famous and oldest Judge, Dean Wellings calls out to his guards when he arrives to the podium. His boots clicking on the wooden ground allowing an echo in the silenced room.

"Good afternoon we may start." Dean looks down at the file about the criminal and a long cruel smile runs on his lips. "Bring in Peter Harris." The two vampire security guards march their way through the side door, dragging out a body between them.

Each state in every country has their own court. If you commit a crime there's no way out of it. You will be sent to the court for a punishment. It was created decades ago from the population of vampires increasing because the bloodsuckers were creating more.

No humans are allowed in the courtroom, it's specifically for vampires. There are many other rooms in the building for humans but they make sure no humans are prohibited in this one room. Of course they wouldn't want humans near them, they are still a hidden secret to the world. Some vampires are sitting behind the scene between the judge and killer, watching intensely.

Twenty-two year old Peter Harris is dropped onto the wooden floor across Dean who is on the high podium. The chains locked around his ankles and wrists jingle every time he moves.

His light eyes roam around his presence and his dark curly locks covering his eyes from the people who are staring. He slowly stands brushing his jeans and running his fingers through his hair. He pulls them away from his face so he was able to see.

Judge Dean stays quiet for a bit staring down at the file about Peter's crime again. Peter runs his tongue over his sharp canine teeth, trying to pull back at cursing to the judge. He knew what he did was going to send him here. But the least he can do is curse at the strongest man in their species before he's punished.

"Peter Harris as you know you have committed a crime. You killed a group of your own kind." He bites the inside of his cheek trying to calm down. That's another thing about Peter, he's a tough young man. Something goes wrong and he'll fix the problem with violence. "Eight... to be exact." Voices murmur to each other and Peter's lips curve.

"Other vampires have done the same." His raspy voice finally says, his accent making it sound deformed.

"You know our kind we get rather angry. Angry creatures such as you get punished." He smirks at his own comment and Peter grips on the hanging chain between his wrists. Something like Peter did, busting through a door and ripping everyone's throat out without hesitation is an illegal act. "You killed a Nest."

"A Nest someone was in who ruined my damn life." He growls back and the crowd behind him chuckle. Peter did feel embarrassed though. During his act of killing the only man who did escape was the one he wanted the most. He's still out there lurking in the shadows.

"Do we have evidence? No. Do we care? No." Judge Dean tosses the papers he was holding into the air, all of them floating down on Peter. "And do you know what happens to you now?"

Peter tenses at the thought of being locked up or beaten or... Being a vampire for about seventy years and now it's all going to be over. He's going to Hell.