Vampire Guardian: Chapter 19.

Chapter 19

People Are Strange - The Doors

California, August 1970

Peter kept his hand over her mouth to smother her cry for help. He deeply drank from her neck while her boyfriend bled to death besides them.

He tears his teeth out of her skin after draining her and she collapses onto the ground with a thud. Peter picks the boy's sleeve up and wipes his mouth with his shirt.

He admires his mess and then makes his way towards the stadium. Teenagers and young adults are crowding up the parking lot to get through with their tickets.

Many people are overly excited to see The Doors live because it's their first time. It's Peter's third time seeing them in the past two years. He's been staying in San Diego for a couple of months now and been going to concerts.

However he isn't paying for his ticket.

They check the ticket he hands them that was from the person he just had for dinner. He goes through the security guards, walking into the stadium.

It reeks of beer and fattening foods. He doesn't understand how everybody eats so poorly over the years. He was one of the first to get in and finds his section and where his seat is. The view is horrible. He wants to be up front.

He eyes the whole stadium and it's empty. A smirk rose on his lips as he grabs the railing of the high section. He jumps off and lands on the general admission floor. No one will know that he moved. No one is here to see.

Peter chuckles to himself, straightening out his black leather jacket before turning around. He slams into a body that's the same height as him.

There stood was a man around his age, a grin on his face and his arms crossed over his chest. He has ocean blue eyes and long brown hair. His eye makeup is smudged below.

"Move." Peter aggressively says to him. He senses that he isn't human. A vampire just like him. However he didn't move and Peter fists his hands together.

"You think I didn't see what you just did, mate?" He isn't from America. Peter hears his thick British accent. People start to fill up the stadium.

"What are you going to do about it?" He shrugs.

"Nothing, although I work here I'll let you slide this time." He jokes but Peter doesn't stiff a laugh. Peter daringly takes a step closer to him and looks straight in his eyes.

"And who exactly are you?" The man eyes Peter's hands and sees blood drip between his fingers.

"Collin Lloyd and you better not have any stupid ideas of hurting me." Collin brings his face near Peter's ear. "I'm a lot older than you." He whispers before chuckling while Peter shoves him away forcefully.

"And I'm a lot angrier." Collin checks him up and down and tilts his head to the side.

"Are you in a Nest?" Peter looks away and shakes his head. "Are you with your Maker?"

"I don't want to talk about it." People start to crowd around them and it grows loud.

"I guess that's a no." Collin places his hand on Peter's shoulder and gives it a light squeeze. Peter gazes at him with no expression on his face.

"You just made a new friend. And you are..." Peter slaps his hand away and heads toward the stage.

"Peter Harris and I don't need friends." His sentence is harsh and Collin turns and jogs towards him. Peter eyes the young girls with short colorful dresses and high white boots. He hears their hearts beating loudly and he slowly licks his lips.

"Hey," Collin pulls him away from being close to the humans. "No one dies in my stadium."

"Too late go pick up the two in the parking lot." He points with his finger behind them where the parking lot is. Collin purses his lips into a thin line and sighs.

"Not them though. They're young." Peter starts to walk to the girls and use his sweet smile to get them alone with him but Collin grabs his arm.

"I don't care about your stupid life talks. I'm hungry." Peter growls to him and Collin clenches his jaw.

"You can't control. I can help you, I can see already that you definitely have problems."

"What the fuck does that mean?"

"You're hurt Peter but if you keep on pushing like this you'll end up losing yourself. The self that was human."

"I'm not human anymore so I don't care."

"Listen! Whatever happened in the past, happened. Don't be twat and act like a baby. Let me help you. Or at least calm your anger problems." He looks back down at Peter's palms where there's still blood but his wounds are healed.

Collin has heard about Peter for quite a while. Ever since Peter has been staying in California. Collin usually stays alone and far away from Nests but there's something about Peter.

He knows they can stick together no matter what because they both share emotions. They both have some humanity.

Peter eyes him before staring at the stage.

"Fine but if you annoy the shit out of me, I'm leaving."

"Deal because that won't happen." Collin assures them as they wait for The Doors to come out and perform.

In the end they stuck together like they were brothers. Nothing broke them apart. If one went somewhere the other followed. Peter was glad to have upbeat goofy Collin by his side. Nothing separated them.

~*~

I love The Doors so much, this song is so underrated too. I felt like it fit so perfectly in this chapter. 

Vote

Comment 

Follow