Vampire Guardian: Chapter 44.

Chapter 44.

Bring me Back to Life - Extreme Music

Last three days, Peter has been able to move around and be able to feed on blood himself. It was a matter of time, he erupted from his slumber, speaking for the first time in weeks.

Collin went crashing into the bedroom once he heard noises. I race after him from eating lunch in the kitchen.

Peter jolts awake, his heavy eyes opening finally. They are sunken in and black bags are under his eyes. The wound on this throat fully healed at this point.

I stare ahead of him with fear in my eyes. Collin said he doesn't know how Peter is going to react when he awakens. Suddenly he stands, his body weak to the point he tumbles on Collin.

Peter pushes him away and I take a step back, slamming into the wall. He stops when Collin screams his name.

"How long have I been out?" He asks and I gulp. "Scar, how long." His voice is full with anger. This is exactly what I was telling Collin. He's going to rage.

"Two weeks." I mutter under my breath, afraid to speak up. Abruptly, Karley and Brad rush to the doorway. They are staring at Peter in alarm. He inhales deeply, his hands curling into fists.

He looks so ill. Like he's had the flu for a month and he hasn't gotten any nutrition. All of a sudden, he grabs Brad and Collin shouts his name once more.

He pulls his head back and sinks his teeth into Brad's neck. Brad yells from the pain, gripping Peter's arms to push him away. Karley screams behind them, terror in her eyes.

"Let go!" I scream in fear, tugging onto the back of his shirt. He pries away from Brad's neck and Brad grips onto his bleeding wound. He falls onto the ground and Karley hovers over him in fear.

Peter sighs in satisfaction, his limbs cracking every time he moves. He turns to me, blood stained on his chin. He wipes it away with his arm and turns to Collin.

"Take them away from here. Just for a little while." He starts, his voice deep and scratchy. Collin nods and kneels down besides Brad.

Peter heads towards the front door without another word. I go after him.

"Where are you going!" I shout as he grabs his car keys.

"It's done, Scarlet. I'm ending this now. Enjoy the rest of your life." I'm taken aback from his words. There's something dark and dangerous lingering in his eyes. Like Roman's.

"What are you talking about?" Peter ignores me and busts out the door. I race after him but I stop in shock. When he hits the sunlight his body starts to burn.

Peter groans in pain, trying to fight through the smoke escaping his skin. This is what he means about not being fully healed and burning. He's weak and he's going after Roman.

"Peter, please stop!" I cry, slamming into the drivers side. He starts the car but I run in front of the hood so he can't move.

I stare at him through the windshield, his flesh healing from being burned. I start hitting the hood when I hear the engine roaring to life.

"Stop it!" He shakes his head without saying another work. Suddenly the wheels squeal, spinning backwards. His car flies in reverse and he whips the wheel, the car spinning around. I stand on the side of the street in dismay, watching him drive off.

I race back into the house and Collin is feeding Brad his blood. Karley has tears in her eyes, most likely afraid Brad was going to die.

"Where is Peter going?" Collin rolls his eyes and stands. He pulls his wrist away from Brad's mouth. Brad sighs in relief, laying on his back.