Vampire Guardian: Chapter 46.

Chapter 46.

Bones - MsMr

When we enter the building, one of vampires hand me a ragged, old piece of cloth. Peter rips it apart and ties it over both of my wounds.

"What is he going to do?" I whisper to Peter and he sighs.

"I don't know." There's something different about his eyes. They are slumped and full of sadness. He sounds as if he's finally defeated.

They open the doors and we enter the room. It's empty, the only person inside is Dean. He is sitting on a chair besides the podium. We walk down to him and I start to grow lightheaded. I trip on my own feet and Peter catches me.

"She needs to go to the hospital. So whatever you need to do, do it quick." I lean against his side, trying not to pass out. My body feels like it's going to give up on me.

Dean slowly stands and walks towards us. I watch him with my heavy, weak eyes. He turns to me and smiles.

"You killed him?" He questions and I swallow, slowly nodding my head.

"I stabbed him in the heart." My scratchy voice says and his eyes light up.

"Ah, you staked him."

"And ashes to ashes." I add, wincing at the sharp pain against the back of my leg.

"All this trouble and she killed the vampire." Dean laughs and clasps his hands together. "She killed Roman! How incredible."

"What do you want?" Peter asks him in a serious tone. Dean turns to him and shrugs.

"I just needed to know if the human killed Roman."

"Well she did so we are leaving." He replies, grabbing my waist to help me turn.

"Wait," I say, stopping any movement. Dean eyes me and I look up to him.

"It's unfair to destroy every vampire that kills their own kind. You know what I was able to do, I killed one of your kind. Peter got lucky but just like humans, many deserve a second chance." Dean doesn't say a word and lets me take a deep breath. "Change the law. Vampires are murderous creatures anyways. You guys kill to survive. Survival of the fittest. Eliminate your species."

"What if I do? Peter should worry about enemies coming after him."

"Let them come." Peter challenges. "I've done it once, I can do it again."

"Let's go." I mutter, my legs starting to go numb. I give one last look at Dean before turning around.

We exit the building and the vampires drive us back to my house. Collin comes running out, putting my arm over his shoulder. Peter races inside, his skin burning once more.

Brad and Karley are inside and they shoot up from sitting on the couch. They lay me down onto the couch and Collin offers me blood.

"No," I say, turning away. Collin looks at Peter in shock.

"She doesn't want it." Peter adds, staring down at me.

"Scar, you're pale as fuck." Karley kneels down and looks at the cloth tied around my shoulder.

"We need to take her to the hospital." Peter comes closer and Karley shakes her head.

"It's not terrible. I can stitch them myself."

"Are you crazy!" Peter yells and Karley turns to Brad.

"Go into my car and get the first aid kit."

"Karley don't do this." Collin adds and she looks at me.

"Dad taught us how to do it. If Scarlet trusts me, I'll do it." I stare into her large eyes and I slowly nod my head. Brad comes racing back in and she unzips the kit.

She starts to scatter the bandages and tools onto the table so it's better for her to grab. They cut my shirt and took the cloth off, dried blood sticking to the gash.

The hardest part was her pouring water then cleaning both of my wounds with alcohol. It stung and pulsed in pain for a few seconds. Peter and Collin watched from afar as she stitched my skin together and made sure everything was sanitized and good.

It stung at times, the needle going through my flesh. But at this point, the feeling so numb, it made me tired. When she was done, I passed out from exhaustion.

~*~

Short but sweet!

One more chapter left!

Vote
Comment
Follow me ;)