Vampire Guardian: Chapter 24.

Chapter 24

Waiting Game - Banks

"Really?" He coughs and runs his fingers over his long hair.

"Yeah, tall young fellow with a good-looking face. Light eyes and dark brown hair." He adjusts his jacket when he pushes himself off the wall. I pick the water bottle off the ground and I crinkle it in my fingers.

"Oh my god yes." I say agreeing with his attempt of describing Peter.

"And that also means that you know them." I grow stiff and the water bottle in my hand goes silent.

"Excuse me?" I reply trying to act dumb and naive. He stands in front of me, his breath smelling like cigarettes.

"Did I stutter? I said if you know Peter than you definitely know about vampires." I laugh, pushing my head back while he stares at me emotionless.

"That's a joke." I say after I finish laughing.

"Don't place stupid with me. Vampire don't interact with humans unless they know." I grow serious and my heart starts to race.

"Are you-" He cuts me off.

"No I'm not one of those suckers. I have to raise my daughter somehow. I work for them."

"What do you do?" He raises his arm and points down the block.

"I work at the Den."

"Den?" I question.

"Yes, a vampire Den where vampires can feed on humans without killing them." My mouth drops.

"So there's more humans out there who know about vampires?"

"Not exactly. The Den is like a club atmosphere and humans go in high off vampire blood. Vampires feed on them and humans enjoy the high from it. The next morning the humans don't remember the night really. Well not the biting part and stuff. Think of it like blacking out and having a serious hangover." He explains briefly. Wow, I've been to Patchogue many times before and I didn't realize the vampire Den.

"So Peter is in the Den?"

"Yeah I was just there. I'll take you there now." He starts to walk past me without waiting. I follow behind hoping that I'll find him.

When we reach the building there's a large metal door that's a crack open. Through the door I see a black curtain but behind it dimmed lights and a echo of music. He walks inside but before I can follow he turns and stops me.

"Stay out here. I'll go see if I can find him." I nod my head and I look around the empty street.

"Okay thank you." I reply back before he shuts the door and I'm engulfed in silence. I walk around in circles waiting anxiously. I take my phone out and I text Peter, telling him I'm outside of the Den so he knows.

~.~

The man that was with Scarlet proceeds his way to the bar. He walks up to the three vampire men enjoying their time together.

"Dexter! What do you want now? Any new woman?" The man, Dexter shakes his head. Although he lied to Scarlet about his job, he did have one at the Den. However, it was finding young people in the streets and bars and persuading them to go in the Den.

He lures them in and that's what he was going to do to Scarlett until he realized she was looking for Peter.

"The girl is here, she knows." Dexter informs them. The men start to look around the large area past the girls and vampires feeding off them.