Vampire Guardian: Chapter 22.

Chapter 22

Haunt You - Lil Peep

I woke up exhausted. When I mean exhausted, I wasn't able to keep my eyes open in class. My professor kept on talking and talking and my eyes would flutter open and closed.

Dad texted me earlier to let me know he was at my house with the people who were opening my pool. At least he's doing something nice for me.

When class ended, I went into the Starbucks thats inside the library. As I was waiting on line my cell started to ring. I look at the caller and it's Peter. I was about to pick up until the worker asked what I wanted. I didn't want to be rude so I stuck my phone back into my pocket and proceeded to order.

After ordering for my latte and paying the cashier I walked out of the building and towards the parking lot. I would check my surroundings to make sure no one who looks suspicious is following me. It's crazy how a day ago I would just stare down at my phone and pay no attention while walking to my car but now, I'm always alert.

Once I made it to my car I took a sip while looking at the window. I squint and jump in fright when I see a figure behind me. I turn and slam against the side of my car when the body is close to me.

"You didn't call back." Peter informs once I realize it's him. I swallow, kind of angry that he had to creep up on me like that.

"Sorry, I forgot. I was getting coffee." I turn back around, opening the drivers door. "Wait, how did you get here so quickly?" I toss my backpack onto the passengers seat. I look at Peter and he doesn't seem okay. His eyes are roaming and his head is down.

"I was passing your school when I called. I decided to come before leaving-"

"-Where are you going?" I cut him off, holding the hot cup between my cold hands.

"I need to go somewhere. Collin will be around so if anything, talk to him."

"Wait, you aren't even going to tell me?" I am speechless because if he's suppose to 'watch' over me, why is he leaving.

"It's urgent but I'll be back." We stand in front of each other in silence and I can't even say anything. My mouth is just hanging open because words aren't even forming.

Eventually Peter leans in and pulls me into a hug. I am pressed against his shoulder with my arms hanging at my side. He squeezes and I wrap my arms around his waist. He smells so good. At the same time I am very confused at all of this. I kind of don't want him to leave.

Without another word he pulls away and leaves me hanging. I stand besides my car, watching him walk away. Students pass but he doesn't acknowledge them before getting into his own car and driving away.

I texted Peter throughout the day but my messages wouldn't even go through. There's just a fat gapping hole that is missing from Peter's life and he isn't telling me. However, Collin told me to be home by sundown.

Out of boredom, since Karley and Brad were seeing family for the day, I went to HomeGoods, the furniture store. I just love to go into the store and browse through every aisle. Although I live on my own, I don't have the money to afford any of the furniture I'd like to design my own home with.

Soon, I headed home and pulled up to the driveway.

While unlocking the front door there wasn't a click at all which brought my attention down to the knob. My key is still plunged in the hole but it felt as if there was danger ahead. I sensed it somehow.

I open the door, walking in the cold house and placing my bag onto the kitchen counter. I quietly look around my surroundings but it wasn't silent. My heart was hammering against my chest and I couldn't slow it down, even if I slowed down my breathing.