Chapter 6: The Tale of Two Pills

"Choose." The person said unto the other who was already trembling in fear. In the person's hand were two pills, one which kills you and one which doesn't.

"Don't you like games? I know that you like games..." Although the mask covered the person's face, she could feel a maniacal smile plastered on it. She doesn't even know if it's a he or a she, the mask hid the person's voice well.

"Ayoko..." Diin ng dalaga na may luhang tumutulo na sa kanyang mukha. She didn't choose to be kidnapped, she didn't choose to die like this. In the middle of the table was a bottled water.

"You can only choose one..." The person mused. She was already hysterically crying, this isn't meant to happen. She was just too young to die!

She was just ready to say no when the person revealed a gun. Studying the person, she just followed his/her sight which was focused on the left. Aha! I got you!

She had hope that she was going to live.

She took the pill on the right and just so she could swallow the poison fast, she took the bottle of water in front of her. Perhaps, it contains the antidote.

And she was right. As she finished the bottle, she was starting to feel better.

Well...That was until she started to choke on air and started grasping on nothing. It was painful and prickly, like acid was flowing through it.

"Nice try." Was all the person said to the dead body, which was now over a pool of her own blood on the table with her head rested on top of it.

Arya's POV

The next day started weird. It's been 24 hours since the hospital discharged me. Pagkagising ko at nakabihis na ay may narinig akong katok sa aking dorm which was peculiar dahil minsan lamang ako makakuha ng bisita.

"Lynch?" Nabigla ako dahil nandoon siya sa labas ng bahay ko. "Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

Pero mukhang naiinip na siya. "Sinusundo kita, alam kong nagcocommute ka eh. Halika na, may gagawin pa ako." Sabi niya at tumingin sa kanyang relo. Hay! Kahit anong oras talaga ay masungit parin siya.

Wala naman akong nagawa kaya kinuha ko na lamang ang bag ko at sumakay sa isang BMW? Mayaman si Lynch!? Malamang, detective consultant ang mga parents niya. Pumunta ako sa passenger seat na walang kibo at siya naman ay parang wala lang.

When I opened the door, I just knew that Lynch was a neat freak.

Pagdating namin sa campus, hindi naman sa nagaassume pero parang kami ang tinititigan ng lahat. This bothered me. I took a glance at Lynch pero nakapoker face lamang siya. "Why are they...?"

"They just discovered what happened in school and in the hospital, you know, the cases we solved. Talk of the school ata." He said it too casually like it's not a big deal. Well, big deal sa akin ito.

"Masakit parin ba ang balikat mo?"

Ikinagulat ko naman ang concerned na tanong niya kaya medyo nagstuttter naman ako, "A-ah, o-okay na...Medyo masakit lang." Wordlessly, he went to my side and took my stuff. "Lynch, you don't have to do that." I get that we are friends but I can manage holding my own stuff for Christ's sake!

"Hi, Lynch!" Bati ng mga babae na nalampasan namin. Psh, flirts. I didn't know that dahil dito naging campus crush na nila si Lynch. Hindi lamang pinansin ni Lynch sila, "Kainis..." I heard him mutter. Inihatid muna ako ni Lynch sa homeroom ko bago umalis.