Chapter Three: Prisoner Zero

[Leadworth]

"No."

The Doctor and Emily looked at Amy confused.

"I'm sorry?"

"Amy?"

"No!" She shouted.

"Amy, no, no, what are you doing?"

Amy drags the Doctor to a car that has just pulled up and slams his tie in the door, then takes the keys from the driver and locks it.

"Are you out of your mind?" He asked incredulously.

"Who are you?" She demands.

"You know who I am."

"No, really. Who are you?"

Emily was getting uneasy. The bad feeling that had been pooling in her stomach all day was becoming so much worse. Painful even.

"Amy, I really don't think this is the time or pl-"

"Shut up Em!"

She frowned at her, slightly hurt even though she knew Amy didn't mean it.

"Look at the sky. End of the world, twenty minutes." The Doctor pleaded.

"Well, better talk quickly, then."

The owner of the car was standing awkwardly next to the trio as he tried to get his keys.

"Amy, I am going to need my car back."

"Yes, in a bit. Now go and have coffee." She said impatiently.

Emily looked at Mr Henderson sympathetically. "Sorry about this. We won't be long, I promise."

"Right, yes." Henderson decided it was probably be best if he does as he was told.

"Catch."

The Doctor tosses Amy the apple with the face carved in it, still fresh.

"I'm the Doctor." He said. "I'm a time traveller. Everything I told you twelve years ago is true. I'm real. What's happening in the sky is real, and if you don't let me go right now, everything you've ever known is over."

"I don't believe you." She said unconvincingly.

"Just twenty minutes. Just believe me for twenty minutes. Look at it. Fresh as the day you gave it to me. And you know it's the same one. Amy, believe for twenty minutes."

Amy glances at her sister in uncertainty. Emily gives her a reassuring smile and nods in the Doctors direction.

"I believe him."

Amy debated for a few more seconds before unlocking Mr Henderson's car.

"What do we do?" Emily questioned.

"Stop that nurse."

•|•

The Doctor runs onto the village green and grabs Rory's phone.

"The sun's going out, and you're photographing a man and a dog. Why?" He demands.

"Amy. Em."

"Hi! Oh, this is Rory, he's a friend."

"Boyfriend." Both Rory and Emily said together.

"Kind of boyfriend."

"Amy." Rory sort of whined.