Family Matters

With Lydia the way she was Martha insisted she stay with them. Much to Dracula's dismay.

     "But honey bat~."

     "Don't Honey Bat me mister, Lydia needs our help ."

    "I have been saying that for centuries But come on. Finding anyone who can stomach That it is impossible."

     Lydia , who had been reading in the next room, heard and sighed. This was why she kept her true self locked up you see. Not even her siblings fully accepted her for who she was.

   She went for a night flight with Martha around the surrounding woods.

      "Nevermind Dracula he's just being immature."

     " While I find That truly believable he may have a point. I don't think I'll Ever find someone."

     Martha sighed and tried to think of a distraction. Her bat ears perked hearing toads.

      "Hey Lydy ~? Toad hunt ?"

      "Eh....no."

      "Oh come on I know you love winning things."

     "That is true however I am not in the...Go!"

     "Hey!"

  Martha laughed diving after her as Lydia took a headstart. It's true Lydia wasn't in the mood but she didn't want to make Martha upset.

  She spent the next few months like that. Either hanging out with her sister or around little Mavis, ah occasionally non voluntarily.

   Mavis giggled peeking over Lydia's arms.

      "Ooh...child why are you being more of a nuisance then usual?"

     She didn't mean that naturally it was just how Lydia communicated.

    "What that picture aunty?"

   She pointed at her aunt's romance novel where a couple was sitting in the sunset

   She pointed at her aunt's romance novel where a couple was sitting in the sunset. Lydia held the girl in her arms gently and explained in the simplest way she could.

  Martha giggled closing Dracula's open mouth.

     "Surprised dear? I told you there's more to Lydia if you just respect her."

   "Ok ok my bad. It is habit, but I still haven't found anyone interested."

    Martha sighed brushing her hair back.

    "Poor Lydy...."

    They watched as she entertained Mavis, looking actually sweet.

    "Ooh Zing like mommy."

     "Yes child."

      " Where's Your Zing aunty?"

  Mavis looked innocently up at her not really understanding what loneliness her aunt suffered. Lydia looked at her, face expressionless before giving a sad smile.

    " I don't think I have one child. There is no...Zing in my future."

    Mavis frowned not liking seeing her aunt sad and made her smile a little.

   " Don't say that aunty, you not alone you gots us. And know what? I bet you gotta zing it just hiding."

  Lydia couldn't help but chuckle at that, such an innocent young bat her niece was.