Chapter 12, I Guess I Shouldn't Be Surprised

Yuuri: 

" BEEP, BEEP, BEEP" was all I could hear from miles away, they were annoying, but at the same time, they were the only thing I could concentrate on, holding my breath every time it was silent for longer than a second. 

Victor had been out for three days now, three! The doctors had told me that apparently, he had lung cancer and that Victor had been visiting them for the last couple of days for treatment. 

I was mad, and worried at the same time, mad because Victor hadn't told me about all this, but yet again, I haven't been the most honest either. I told myself that once Victor was out of this hell hole, I would tell him about my problems, but it's easier to think, than to say.

I looked at his clipboard, that read such information, most I didn't understand, considering the fact that I'm not a doctor myself, and I have never been in a situation like this before. I wonder what it's like for Victor, having to suffer through all this pain, without anyone to support him, I wonder, did he want to die because of that? 

The more I thought about it, the more I realised Victor's life could be flashing before my eyes, and the more I realized that my excuses sounded stupid against his. 

I wanted to hug Victor, help him get through all this, even if he doesn't have much time left. 

I squeezed his hand as tight as I could. " P-please V-V-Victor," I tried to say though sniffles and un-even breathes, " P-Please C-Come ba-ck.... "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

270 words