Answers Part 5

"hey, Enid " I yell as I run after her. I see her get into her car and drive off. Whats her deal I ask my self as I walk back to my job. I walk in and go behind the front counter.

_________________the next day_____________

"ug its just as boring and empty as it has been," I say to my self. It's been 2 hours cease we opened and only 5 people have come into the store.

"ding"

The door opens. I don't even take the energy to look who walked throw the doors.

"hello Rad"

I look down to see who is talking to me. " Dendy! " I say as sitting up.

" Yes Rad it is me," Dendy says to me.

" well, why are you here, do you need something ?" I ask the small child.

"Yes, I do. K.o has not been in school and I was wondering if he is here." Dendy says.

" uuu, well, um," I say trying to say something. How do I say what happened to him when we are 18 and we can't even handle it. I start to sweat.

" Its o.k to tell me he's not here," Dendy says looking up at me.

"Yeah-he's not here," I say to her.

" Do you why?" she asks me.

"No" I lie.

"o.k," she says and leaves.

I most other days I would love this emptiness of the store but no one came to work but for me today. I texted Enid to see what happened yesterday but she never responded. I'm so lonely without my friends here. I would never admit it to them but they mean a lot to me. The shock of the incident is not so bad for me. Enid, on the other hand, is still really shaken by it. Now that I look back on the day it happened I was way over dramatic.

"ring" my Phone telling me someone has texted me. I pull my phone out and look at. Enid has finally texted me back and it reads:

Enid: hey go over to the dojo on the brake and see if Carol is there.

Rad: ok

Wow,... just wow. I look over at the clock on the wall.11:45. O.k I say to my self as I get up from the front counter seat. I make my way to the dojo and walk in but to my surprise, Carol is there!

"Hey, Carol," I say waving at her.

"Oh Hey, Rad," she says walking over to me.

"So I was wondering." I start."How K.o is doing?"

I see Carol look around as if she is trying to put the words together. That worries me.

"well he's d-doing o.k...but he has some brain damage," she says 

"wait...what..really!?"I ask.

"Ya. The doctors say he has a 51% chance of survival, so he could go either way," she says looking down at her feet.

"Can me and Enid go see him?" I ask her.

"o shore," she says to me.

"a.. which hospital," I asked pulling out my phone.

"Lake Wood Hospital," she says to me.

" o.k thanks," I say to her as I walk out the door.

I look down at my phone and call Enid.

Enid's POV

As I sit in front of my TV my phone rings. I pick it up and hit the answer button.

Rad: hey Enid guess what?

"what," I say into the phone.

Rad: Carol was there!

As I hear this my eyes go wide." what did she say, Is K.o o.k?" I ask him.

Rad: come see. she said we could go see him at the Lake Wood hospital.

" I see you there," I say then hang up.

Thanks so much for reading this