Death or Life? Part 8

Rad's POV

We run out of the store and get in my van. I pull out my keys and start the vehicle. 

"Hurry up, " Enid says next to me.

" O.k but I can't speed or I'll get a ticket," I say to her driving out of the plaza parking lot.

"I know that I have gone to drivers ed too," she says kicking her feet up on the dashboard.

" Jee o.k," I say taking a left turn.

"screeech"

Enid covers her ears and gives me a glare.

"Sorry," I say to her.

 I see a yellow light and start to increase my speed. 

" hold on!" I say to Enid who is freaking out.

I speed past the yellow light just as it turns red.

"WHAT THE HELL" Enid yells at me.

"What did you want to sit at a red light," I say a bit stressed.

"No ...but still," she says looking at me with anger or sadness.

She is so weird sometimes I think to my self as I take a right turn into the hospital parking lot. I park my car and we both jump out of the car.

"Come on let's go," she says running. I run after her into the hospital. She runs up to the front counter." where is K.o" she says in one breath. The woman starts to type. 

" room 74 on floor 5, " she says and hands us a paper. I take it and start to run to the stairs and Enid isn't far behind me. We get to the 5th floor and run down the hallway in till we reach room 74. 

Enid's POV

I reach for the door nob but the door opens. Carol walks out of the room with red wet eyes.

"Carol whats wrong!?" I ask her.

" Oh!" she says looking at both of us. "how did you get here so fast?".

"Rad drove like a crazy person," I say to Carol.

"But whats wrong with K.o?" Rad asks her.

"Well they-they said that K.o survival rate just dropped to 10%," she says crying a little harder.

"WHAT?!" I say to her.

" and..they just told me that it drops just two more that-that they will p-pull his plugs," she says crying.

"No!!" I say starting to cry." no, no, no"

"Hey, Enid, Enid," Rad says to me putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't think you understand if his survival rate goes's down, they're going to take him off life support," I say to him. I see his eyes start to tear up.

"no, why, " he says starting to shake.

I sit on the ground and put my head in my arms. My tears drip from my arms to my blue crop top. why did it have to be him I think to my self. Then Rad sits next to me still crying. " Hey, Rad...             I am interrupted by Rad pulling me into a hug which I accept. We just sit there and cry. 

"Hey I have to go fill out paperwork now,"  Carol says walking off.

I sit up from the hug and lean my back against the wall." you that she is K.o's mom .were his friends and we feel like this. She must be in so much pain." I say looking at the other wall.

"ya, your RI-right she -must feel really sad knowing that her son might die," he says to me still crying.

I start to get up and help Rad up.

"so do you want to go see him?" Rad asks me.

"ya," I say to him.

he opens up the door and we walk in. when I see him there are more machines connected to him and he looks a lot paler.

"Poor K.o" I hear Rad say. I think the same thing just don't says it.

"beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep,beeeeeeeeeep," one of the machines start to make a loud noise. The door is opened by  3 doctors who go up to K.o. and start to talk. 

"whats going on?!" Rad asks me.

" something good or something really bad,"I say to him.