Chapter 2: Night of the Comet

Dear Dairy,

Somehow, this morning is... different, I can sense change is coming, I can feel it, for the first time in a long time, I feel, completely and undeniably awake. For once I don't regret the day before it begins.

I welcome the day.

Because I know, I will begin to heal. For the first time, I want to cleanse and move on. Not stay put in the past, I'll stand once more.

Samathea set her diary in her bag, pulls her hair into a ponytail. Then she went to walk out of her room, but Jenna stood in her way. "Oh, do I look, adult, as in respectfully repellent?" Jenna asks her, "That depends on where you're going." Samathea tells her. "Jeremy's parent-teacher conference, hair up or down?" Jenna walks over to the mirror and pulls her hair up, "Sexy stewardess." Samathea states at the hair being held up, Jenna let her hair down. "Busy housewife," she states.

"Up it is. You're fiery today." Jenna states, "I feel good, which is rare so I'm going with it." Samathea tells her. "Where is Jeremy?" Samathea asks her, "He left early, something about getting to wood shop early to finish a bird house." Jenna tells her, Samathea gave her a confused look. "There is no wood shop, is there?" Jenna asks her, Samathea shook her head. "Yeah though so." Samathea pats her shoulder.

~8~8~8~

Samathea toys with her pencil, in class as Mr. Tanner was going through another lecture. She notices that Stefan was eyeing Elena again. She sighs with a smile on her face. "Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore, Ms. Gilbert?" Mr. Tanner asks them. Elena shook her head. Samathea bit the inside of her cheek, holding back a laugh. Then the three walk through the hallway, Stefan gave Elena a book written by a woman called Alice Belle, she she didn't use her real name was a mystery to Samathea. She saw the two smile at each other, then purposely bumps her hip into Stefan, making him move closer to Elena and quickly walks away from them, a smile on her lips.

She walks out and saw Jeremy was picking another fight, she quickly ran over to them and stood in the middle, press both of her hands against their chests and push them apart. "Stop, both of you." she tells them, "Walk away Gilbert, it's your final warning." Tyler threatens him, "You know this is your final warning, dick. I'm sick of watching you play Vicki if you hurt her one more time. I swear to God I will kill you." Jeremy throws at him.

"Jer, walk away right now, he's not worth it," Samathea tells him. He looks at her and walks away, "Thanks for that." Tyler states, she just glares at him, "I didn't do it for you." she growls, "Jeremy wait!" Samathea chase after him. She lost him on the grounds but sighs in defeat. She turns and found Stefan standing in front of her, she lets out low sighs, "You really need to stop doing that." she growls, Stefan just smiles.

"Listen I need to get to the hospital, I heard to campers were attack." he tells her, she nods, "Listen, there's another vampire in town, my older brother, his name is Damon." he informs her, "Damon..." she mumbles the name, "I need you to stay away from him, he is dangerous and bad news." he warns her, "Okay, thanks for the heads up." she states, nods at her and vanishes with seconds. She scuffs her face and walks down the sidewalk. "Lucky, he can freaking vanishes like that." she grumbles to herself, unknown to her, Damon was watching her walk down the street.

~8~8~8~

"So I was talking to Grams and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it pass over Mystic Fall, there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage it created a bed of paranormal activity." Bonnie tells them as they all sat at a cafe table outside and working on fliers for comet night, "Yeah then you poured grams another shot and she told you about the aliens." Caroline states, Samathea giggles a bit and she folds the flier. "So then what?" Caroline asks Elena, so then. "So then nothing." Elena tells her.