Chapter 3: Friday Night Bites

Samathea toss and turn in her sleep, seeing Caroline try and defend herself from Damon, but instead was thrown back onto the bed and Damon pounce on her, taking a bite. Samathea shot awake and rubs her neck, she then got up, finding that she scratch at her neck badly and bandage it, got dress for the day and grab her bag and headed out. She manages to catch a ride with Bonnie and Elena. Samathea kept rubbing her left side of her neck, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

~8~8~8~

She tones out the conversation that Elena and Bonnie were having and walks off. Still rubbing her neck. But then bumps into Stefan. "Hey Samathea." Stefan smiles at her, "Please, call me Sammy or Sam." she asks of him. He nods and notices her rubbing her neck, "You okay?" he asks her. She nods, "Yeah I'm fine, just scratch my neck badly and I bandage it, but don't worry, It will heal in a few days, promise." she tells him, he nods at her, "Kay, bye." she walks pass him, waving at him over her shoulder and took off into the building.

~8~8~8~

Mr. Tanner was leaching the class again about dates and, Samathea finally stop rubbing her neck and prop her chin on her hand. Then there was a low whisper in the back of her head. She tries to ignore it, but she was snap out her her trance when Elena was asks a question. "The Profound harbor." he asks her, "Um.." she mumbles, "December 17th, 1971." Stefan answers. "Thank you, Ms. Gilbert." Mr. Tanner jest to Stefan. The class laugh, "Anytime." he answers. Samathea smiles a little, "The Fall of the Berlin war?" he asks, "1989." Samathea answers, everyone looks at her, surprise she even knew that, even she was surprise.

"Um... I'm good with dates?" she throws out. "Really, how good? Keep it to the ear." Mr. Tanner asks her, she nods, "The Civil Rights Act?" he asks her, "1964." she answers.

"John F. Kennedy Assassination?" he asks her, "1963." she answers again, "Martin Luther King?" he asks again, taking a step towards her. "1968," she answers again. Everyone turned towards her, "Lincoln." he asks again, "1865." she said again, "Roe Vs. Wade." he asks again, standing in front of her desk. "1973," she answers again. "Brown Vs Board." he asks her again, "1954." she answers, "The Battle of Jarlsberg." he asks her, "1863." she answers again, "Korean War." he asks again, "1950 to 1953," she answers.

"Ha! It ended in 52." he laughs in her face, Samathea wasn't stunned, "Actually sir... it was 53." Stefan spoke out, Mr. Tanner looks at Stefan then back at Samathea. "Look it up, somebody. Quickly." he asks the class, "It was 19...53." a student answers, the class claps for her, Samathea brushes a strain of her hair behind her ear, blushing from embarrassment.

Then the bell was rung and everyone walks out of the classroom, "How did you know all that?" Elena asks her sister. Samathea scratches the back of her head, "Um... lucky guess?" Samathea answers, she just shook her head, "You've been doing crosswords again haven't you?" Elena asks her, Samathea smirks. "Guilty as charge." she throws back, Elena just laughs and they walk on.

~8~8~8~

Samathea sat on the benches with her sketch pad on her lap and was sketching a picture of Stefan, who was sitting ways off and was watching the football practice, she then saw him walk off the bleaches and up to Mr. Tanner. She hums to herself, finishing her final detail.

Yura yura yurameku

nami no ma ni

Kira kira kagayaku

Koe wa tada yure kanata e to

Yume miru kurage wa

Uta utau yo~ Yasashii umibe de nemu ru~