Chapter 8: 162 Candles

Stefan slept against the chair, but snaps awake when his book fell from his lap, he reaches down, picks up the book and place it on the stand, he then stood up from the recliner and stretches his muscles, he then heard something move within the wind, he slowly moves about his house, then heard something being open, he looks and saw that one of his windows was opened, he walks over and locks it shut, unknown to him something lurks in the shadows. He then heard something being messed with, he then walks right below his upstairs balcony, listening for more sounds.

"Damon?" he calls out, then a sound came from behind him, making him turn, not seeing the shadow up top. Then something flashes right by him, he turns, now alert to someone in his house, but then was suddenly shoved to the ground and then flip over, a woman appears on top of him, long blonde hair, and fair skin. She grips Stefan's throat, she snarls at him, fangs showing and her eyes in crimson. Stefan looks up at her in surprise. "Lexie?" he asks, she stops, the crimson fades away and she smiles at him, "Hi," she said sweetly. "What are you doing here?" he asks her, she pulls him up to his feet.

"How could you even ask that?" she questions him, he pulls her into a hug, "I've missed you," he said to her then they pull out of the hug. She smiles up at him, "Happy birthday."

~8~8~8~

Later the morning Steve and Lexie stay up, catching up; Stefan was poking at her, "I don't know, some freak shot at me with wooden bullets, I bail under 60 and why his the news reporter hunting vampires?" Lexie asks after she smacks Stefan's hands away, "I don't know, I don't know who knows about us. I did, there could be others. Hey, do me a favor while you're here please be careful." he tells her and sat up, Lexie groans. "Then why stay?" she asks him, then jumps off the bed. "I'm headed for New York for the weekended, Bon Jove in the girded, wanted dead or Alive, it's our theme song," she tells him, Stefan raises his fist in the air.

"It'll be a blast." she temps him. "Hey do you think that he'll be able to remember us, that was a pretty crazy weekended, "We can make him remember us," she tells him, he just smiles a bit and ties on his shoes. "Come on let's go, I mean what's keeping you here?" she asks. "I told you, their names are Elena and Samathea." he reminds her, "Well let's hope this Elena is better than the last girl you were... sprung over." she said, holding up a picture of Katherine. Stefan got off the bed and took the picture from her, "You didn't even know Katherine." he states, "No, But I would love to of known Mary Ann, she sounded like a total sweetheart and Katherine is lucky I don't know her, little bitch." she states, Stefan took Mary Ann's photo from her as well. "Speaking of, where's Damon?" she asks him. "In-flicking misery somewhere," he answers. "Uh-huh," she answers. "Hey, are going to be okay here, alone?" he asks her.

"I have some things I got to take care of." he tells her, "Well it's not exactly like I can go anywhere and you and Damon are the ones with these infinity little daylight rings." she said, looking at Stefan's right, "I have a mood ring from 75, trade ya?" she offers showing her ring, but he shoves her hand away. "Doesn't work that way and you know it." he tells her, she lets out a defeated sigh, "Yeah..." she mumbles. "Hey Lex." he calls out, she looks at him, "It's really good that you came here." he tells her, "Okay, what are we doing for your birthday?" she asks him. He groans a little. "It's not every day that someone turns 162 years old." she sang a little, he groans again. "Really?" he asks her. She smiles and nods. "Oh yeah," she whispers

~8~8~8~

Elena, Stefan, Matt, and Jeremy were all brought into question, but Samathea locks herself in her room, refusing to talk to anyone, even Elena; Stefan stood outside the station then Matt walks out and pass Stefan, "I was just trying to help Matt." Stefan calls out, then Elena and her family walks out of the station, Stefan turns to her. "I'll meet you at the car," she tells Jenna and Jeremy, they nod at her and headed to the car. Elena walks up to Stefan, "Are you alright?" he asks her, "The sheriff didn't except anything, Jeremy had no memory at all. All he knew was what Damon made him know." she tells him, "And your sister?" he asks, Elena sighs. "She's locked herself in her room, won't come out for anything, she won't even talk to me," she tells him, sighing.