Chapter 7

The next morning, Hiccup and Toothless led the others to a massive plateau teeming with all kinds of dragons. The vikings gawked with awe as hundreds of species mingled together peacefully. Hiccup chuckled as the group stared at everything.

"Ready to ride a dragon?" Hiccup asked.

"Wait, we're gonna ride dragons? Like fly on them?" Snotlout questioned. Hiccup made a series of short whistle sounds that the vikings couldn't hear. A Deadly Nadder, a Monstrous Nightmare, a Gronckle, a Hotburple, and a Hideous Zippleback approached Hiccup while warily looking at the vikings.

"So, who's up first?" Hiccup asked.

***

Hiccup laughed as he watched the others try to fly on their dragons. While Astrid has quickly gotten the hang of flying, the rest of the vikings were having a little more trouble.

"HOW DO YOU CONTROL THIS THING?! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" Snotlout screamed as his Monstrous Nightmare kept somersaulting and twirling madly in the air. Fishlegs' Gronckle kept bumping into Gobber's Hotburple while spinning rapidly.

"Sorry!" Fishlegs shouted.

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING, I'M TRYING TO FLY HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEE!!" Gobber exclaimed, spinning madly out of control.

"I JUST WET MY UNDIES!!" Gobber shouted, colliding into Snotlout. Both vikings screamed as they swirled around like madmen. Ruffnut and Tuffnut were enjoying their dragon.

"YEEEAAAAAHHH! FLYING IS AWESOME!!" Ruffnut shouted.

"YEEHAAAAWWWW!" Tuffnut hollered as the left Zippleback head flipped upside down. Astrid steered her Deadly Nadder next to Toothless, smiling at Hiccup.

"I never thought I'd be riding a dragon! This is amazing!" Astrid said.

"What did I tell you? This is much better than killing a dragon!" Hiccup replied. Hiccup and Astrid ducked their heads as Ruffnut and Tuffnut flew over them. Following them was Fishlegs, Gobber, and Snotlout, who all rammed into one another like three headless chickens. Hiccup and Astrid couldn't help but laugh at the sight. Toothless grumbled, flapping his wings and increasing his speed tenfold. Hiccup smirked as he soared into the clouds, leaving Astrid in the dust.

"Come on, girl! Full speed!" Astrid said, gently urging her dragon to fly faster. Toothless climbed into the sky, letting his tongue dangle freely. Hiccup turned around, seeing Astrid and her dragon catching up. He ushered Toothless to fly into the clouds. Astrid shot after him, looking around for the duo. Hiccup and Toothless were nowhere to be found. As Astrid's dragon hovered in mid-air, Toothless and Hiccup dived straight down with the latter whooping and hollering.

"Ohh, no you don't!" Astrid said, laughing. She dived after Hiccup, gaining tremendous speed. The two were right next to each other, wide smiles on their faces. Toothless flew above Astrid and her dragon, flipping over so Hiccup would be right in front of her.

"Enjoying your first flight?" Hiccup asked. Astrid laughed as Toothless and Hiccup dove in between the clouds with majestic agility. Hiccup and Astrid laughed and shouted with glee as they chased each other in the sky. As Astrid and Hiccup zipped across the sky, loud horns rang through the air. The noise caused both of their dragons to halt immediately. Hiccup looked down, spotting Koda's ship down below. With seething rage boiling in his veins, Hiccup ushered Toothless to dive towards the ship.

"Hiccup, where are you going?!" Astrid called out. Hiccup simply ignored her and kept heading towards the ship at full speed.