Chapter 9

"RAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!" Koda screamed, flipping a table in rage. He began to aggressively throw mugs, shields, and weapons around in rage all while his lieutenant stood at the door with a stoic expression on his face.

"THAT STUPID BOY HAS BEEN A PAIN IN MY REAR SINCE I CAPTURED HIM!! IT'S THE SECOND TIME WE HAD TO RESUPPLY AND REPAIR THIS SHIP! I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER FAILURE!" Koda roared, sitting on a throne.

"Don't forget the Berkians who assisted him." The lieutenant added.

"Those vikings.... Stoick must've sent them. Thor knows how he managed to tame those dragons." Koda mused, rubbing his temple. He became angrier just thinking about the riders.

"Stoick and I have been fighting for the archipelago for years... He wants to get rid of me as fast as possible, doesn't he?" Koda said, standing up.
"Well, if he wants a fight... HE'S GETTING A FIGHT!!" Koda declared, throwing the door open and storming downstairs. The room in the lower deck was huge and dark, so Koda brought a lit torch with him. He walked towards a huge gate, its bars were worn with teeth marks. Staring at him with fiery bright- orange eyes, a dragon the color of fire stood in the cage. Its scales twisted and wrapped into a sort of armor that shielded its entire body. Two long horns pronged towards the back of the dragon's head, followed by rows of smaller horns that grew out from its cheeks. A large rhino-like horn grew right above the dragon's nostrils, curving backwards towards the eyes. Koda open the cage, earning a short hiss from the dragon.

"You're hungry for blood, aren't you?" Koda asked, tossing a chicken leg at the dragon. The winged reptile hungrily devoured the chicken leg, snarling angrily. Afterwards, the dragon walked out of the cage, baring its massive dagger-like teeth. Koda turned to his men, a devious grin on his face.

"NOW, WE WILL TAKE BERK!" Koda yelled.

***

Hiccup and Toothless sat on the edge of a cliff, overlooking the sunset. Toothless yawned, laying down and sluggishly closing his eyes. Hiccup leaned on Toothless, opening his mouth in a wide yawn. Toothless' slow, even breathing lulled Hiccup into sleep as well. Two hours passed, yet the duo remained asleep. Hiccup heard shouting below and woke up, looking at the beach. He saw vikings approaching, with Stoick among them.

"Toothless, wake up. We got visitors." Hiccup said. Toothless grumbled as he got up, shaking his entire body while stretching in a cat-like manner. Hiccup mounted Toothless' back, and the duo silently made their way down. The duo landed behind a couple of bushes, spying on the intruding vikings. He saw Gobber and the others approaching Stoick.

"Stoick? Aren't you supposed to be on Berk?" Gobber asked.

"I'm running out of time, Gobber. Dragons have been running amok since you left and I need your students to head back. Are they ready?" Stoick replied.

"Uh, n-not exactly..." Gobber answered. Stoick was about to say something when he heard rustling in the bushes, staring at the foliage.

"Who's there?" Stoick shouted, walking closer. Hiccup slowly made his way out of the bushes in a calm manner.

"Me, sir... I'm Hiccup." Hiccup said. Stoick grabbed his axe and slightly raised it.

"Berserker..!" Stoick exclaimed, charging towards Hiccup. Before Hiccup could react, Toothless jumped in front of him, snarling angrily at Stoick while spreading his wings.

"NIGHT FURY! CAPTURE IT, NOW!!" Stoick shouted. He and a few other vikings tackled Toothless, throwing the Night Fury on the ground.

"TOOTHLESS!" Hiccup screamed. He ran towards his dragon, but he was thwarted by a couple of more vikings. Thrown to the ground, Hiccup was pinned down by the vikings. Toothless broke free, roaring as he tried to rescue Hiccup. He was halted when Stoick jumped on him and threw the Night Fury down again. Hiccup struggled ferociously, screaming angrily.

"LET MY DRAGON GO, RIGHT NOW-" Hiccup was cut off when one of the vikings punched him in the face, rendering Hiccup unconscious.