Chapter 8

Koda stood at the helm of the ship, fiddling with his mustache. One of the crew members spotted an island, pointing towards it.

"Lord Koda, we've located land." Said the man.

"Dock on the beach. We'll resupply there." Koda ordered. The ship veered to the left, heading straight for land. Koda stared at the island until a loud, whistle-like screeching sound echoed across the sky attracted his attention. He looked up right as Toothless divebombed the ship, blasting a piece of it off with a plasma blast.

"GAAAAHHH! WHAT?!" Koda yelled. He growled, unsheathing his sword.

"SHOOT THAT WRETCH AND HIS NIGHT FURY DOWN!!!" Koda screamed. The crew members readied their catapults, firing them at Hiccup and Toothless. Toothless dodged the metal spheres effortlessly, turning back around and firing multiple plasma blasts, sending the men flying into the ocean. Koda screamed in rage, grabbing a net-launching crossbow and firing it at Hiccup and Toothless. The net wrapped around Toothless, trapping him and causing him and Hiccup to plummet towards the ocean. Before the duo fell in, they were saved by Astrid and Stormfly (the Deadly Nadder she now named).

"Astrid?!" Hiccup exclaimed.

"Don't worry, you can thank me later!" Astrid said. Koda gritted his teeth as the other vikings flew in.

"MORE DRAGON RIDERS?!" Koda yelled. More of Koda's soldiers began firing arrows at the dragon riders, who by now mastered flying and dodged with little effort.

"Alright, lads! Dive, dive, dive!" Gobber yelled, ushering his Hotburple, Grump, to divebomb the soldiers with a giant fireball. Wood, stone, and men flew in the air like saucers.

"Let's go, Hookfang!" Snotlout shouted as his Monstrous Nightmare grabbed a catapult and dropped it in the ocean. Ruffnut and Tuffnut whooped as their Zippleback, Barf and Belch, somersaulted into the boat and knocked down another catapult. Fishlegs and his Gronckle, Meatlug, were busy dodging arrows in a panicky manner.

***

Stormfly landed on the beach, setting Toothless and Hiccup on the soft sand. Whipping out her axe, Astrid cut the duo free.

"Thanks..." Hiccup said, earning a light punch on his shoulder.

"Don't mention it." Astrid replied. Koda's ship made landfall, allowing soldiers to depart and charge at the two vikings. Hiccup whacked a few men with his staff while Astrid kicked and punched her way out of a mob of soldiers. Toothless and Stormfly roared as they attacked the soldiers, with Toothless throwing the men around in his jaws while Stormfly warded them off with her fire breath. Stormfly swung her tail  and fired hundreds of spines at the soldiers, sending them running off like scared children. The other dragon riders swerved around the ship as they dodged more arrows.

"WHAT PART OF "SHOOT THEM DOWN" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!" Koda shouted, shoving a soldier away from a catapult. He fired the metal projectiles at the riders with rage.

"I got this! SNOTLOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUT!!" Snotlout exclaimed while diving at the ship. That didn't go far when a sphere smacked Hookfang right on the belly.

"NEVERMIND! AAAAAAAHHHH!" Snotlout screamed, landing in the water. He and Hookfang managed to swim to shore. Hiccup mounted Toothless, taking off into the sky. Toothless let loose a volley of plasma blasts at the ship, forcing Koda to take cover.

"AAAUUUGHHH!!! GET US OUT OF HERE!!!" Koda yelled. The ship took off, sailing away from the riders. The vikings all high-fived each other while shouting victoriously.

"Good job, bud!" Hiccup said, scratching Toothless' chin.