Chapter 9

Bella's P.O.V
Finally Carlisle and Esme returned with our last witness. Edward and I were stood in front of the house watching as my parents-in-law drove up the drive.

"How many came?" Carlisle asked as he stepped out of the car.

"Eighteen. You have some good friends." Edward replied.

"And Alice?" Esme asked looking at me with hopeful eyes. I shook my head indicating that Alice had not come back, Esme's face dropped and she pulled me into a hug.

"Well, we'll be on Aro's list now. Centuries on the run, that's what you bought me. Some friend Carlisle." I looked as the vampire sneered at him, I looked over his appearance he had dark blonde hair and beard, bright red eyes and dark clothes.

"Alistair come meet everybody." Carlisle chuckled.

"I already told you, if it comes to a fight, I won't stand against the Volturi." Alistair told him. "I'll be in the attic." He added before jumping up there.

"He's not really a people person." Esme told me and I nodded in understanding.

Rosalie's P.O.V
We opened our home to eighteen vampires, many with gifts of there own. Zafrina had power over the mind she could make anyone see what she wanted them to.

3rd P.O.V
At the moment Zafrina was showing Bella, Edward, Elijah, Kol, Rebekah, Klaus and Eleanor her power.

"If you weren't holding my hand right now I could swear this was real." Edward said as he and the originals looks around in awe at the illusion of the jungle.

"I don't see anything." Bella said confused Ellie nodded her head in agreement as all they saw was just the ice and snow covered forest of Forks. Klaus looked at his mate in confusion, he didn't know a lot about cold ones so he didn't understand how the two were immune to the woman's gift.

"Edward, you didn't tell me your wife and child were shields." Eleazar says as he comes into sight of the small group as Zafrina made the illusion disappear.

"What's a shield?" Bella asks her husband looking at him. Edward smiles and looks down at her.

"The ones I've met are so different, and that is not my child." Edward spat looking down at Ellie. The originals all glared and growled at him.

"Watch your mouth." Klaus growled as he went to go over to him but Ellie grabbed his hand to stop him not wanting anyone to fight. Edward quickly looked away not wanting to fight them knowing he had no chance of winning against them.

"It's a defensive talent." Eleazar answers Bella's question, completely ignoring what just happened.

"It's why I couldn't read your mind even before. It's why Aro couldn't aswell." Edward explains to her.

"You two have a very powerful gift." Eleazar said to Bella and Ellie. Suddenly Kate takes Bella and Ellie's hand and uses her gift on them, Ellie looked up at her with a frown trying to pull her hand away.

"Oh yeah, their both shields alright. That should have put them on their ass." Kate says finally letting go of their hands. Klaus pulled the hybrid behind him his eyes narrowed at the blonde.

"Or your voltage has been exaggerated." Garret says teasingly with a smirk.

"I have to agree, Ellie is a child and did not even flinch." Kol replied crossing his arms a mischievous smirk playing on his lips.

"Maybe it only works on the weak." Kate said and holds her hand up daring Garrett or Kol to take it.

"Garrett, Kol, I wouldn't." Carlisle warns with a small smile. Kol decides to take the mans advice while Garrett ignores him. The brunette slowly raised his fingers to touch Kate's hand, as soon as they touch he's instantly electrocuted and falls on his knees in pain.

"You are an amazing woman." Garrett smiles up at Kate after he shakes off his shock.

~~~

"Now you guys can do some serious damage. That's why you'll need to control your phasing, so if your mum pisses you off, you won't tear her head off." Jacob said to the younger wolves that are following him through the woods. He pauses as he hears something.

"Whoever's coming wasn't invited." He says immediately shifting into his wolf form and runs off with the younger ones trailing after him, they catch up and chase after the two vampires who jump on the trees, then jump down to sit on a big rock, mocking the wolves until Carlisle, the originals and some of the witnesses find them.

"Vladimir, Stefan

"Vladimir, Stefan. Your a long way from home." Carlisle said to the two Roman vampires.

"What are they doing here?" Kate hissed glaring at the duo.

"We heard the Volturi were moving against you but that you would not stand alone." Vladimir said.

"We didn't do what we were accused of." Carlisle told them.

"We do not care what you did Carlisle." Vladimir sighed rolling his eyes.

"We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged." Stefan told him smirking.

"It's not our plan to fight the Volturi." Carlisle says.

"Shame Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed." Vladimir says with a smirk.

"They do enjoy a good fight." Stefan joked and both vampires chuckled.

"Aro's witnesses?" Eleazar asked looking at the two vampires then Carlisle.

"Oh, still hoping they'll listen." Vladimir said. He turned his attention over to the originals. "But he won't have a chance with them on your side."

He nods to the Mikaelson's. Most vampires visibly relaxed hearing the fact the they more than likely win with the originals on their side.