Chapter 13

Ellie's P.O.V
The time had finally come, tomorrow we would face the Volturi. Everyone decided to camp near the clearing, so I now stood by Nik, Rebekah, Kol and Elijah as Jacob dropped logs down for a fire. I watched in fascination as four small flames appeared on Benjamin's finger tips, he threw the flames to the logs causing them catch fire.

"That's what I'm talking about. A little pre-battle bonfire, telling war stories." Jacob said rubbing his hands as he sat down next to Nessie. Nik, Rebekah, Kol, Elijah and I all sat down with the Mystic Falls gang opposite my sister and the wolf. "Or just standing there like freaking statues."

I look over to the vampires seeing everyone standing extremely still, away from the fire. Suddenly Garrett runs over and sits opposite us.

"Name any American battle, I was there." He said.

"Little big horn." Jake said, a smile coming to his face.

"I came so close to biting Custer, but the Indians caught him first." Garrett says. Kate then comes over and sits on his lap.

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople, he didn't win that one on his own." Kate smirked at her mate. The Irish then came over and sat down.

"If you're talking battles, you're talking about the Eleven years war. No one rebellion like the Irish." Liam said.

"You lost the Eleven years war." Kol told him, furrowing his brows.

"Aye, but it was one hell of a rebellion." Liam replied with a loud laugh, after that everyone slowly joined, sitting down talking and laughing. I soon started to get tired and yawned, mum must have seen because she came over and took my hand, then lead me over to the tent. People was saying goodnight to me as I passed so I just gave them all a small smile. I looked back to see everyone now sitting listening to Vladimir and Stefan tell a story. Mum and I sat down in the tent, she takes something out of her pocket and hands it to me, I look down to see a silver oval locket with a small Cullen crest in the center.

I opened it and inside was a picture of mum, dad and I, and writing on the other side saying 'Plus que ma propre vie'

"It means more than my own life and that's how much we love you." She said and I smiled.

"Tomorrow I'm gonna need you to stay with Caroline, even if I tell her she has to take you away from here." I can feel tears build up in my eyes, she pulls me close and hugs me until I fall asleep.