iii. schools out for summer

chapter three — dangerous love

SUMMER WAS THE only thing on victoria's mind. the only problem was she hated being alone with her thoughts, it was like all her demons were let loose. tori let her eyes scan across the room. eight minutes until summer. the teacher had given up on teaching, henry bowers was currently kicking her chair, richie was busy staring at her and everyone else was in their own worlds signing each other's yearbooks.

five minutes until summer. victoria glanced to her left to see the new kid, ben hanscom. he was ignored by everyone, she noticed him in the library all the time. "hey!" she whisper shouted at ben. he turned to her and gave her a questioning look. she gestured to his yearbook and he past it to her. it was empty. she got out a pen from her bag. 'victoria collins, see you in the summer new kid.' she smiled making sure to sign it off with a heart, he seemed so sweet and didn't seem like the person to judge anyone. two minutes until summer.

the girl smiled and waved at ben before standing up and heading to richie. "sign my yearbook?" she said questioning the male. he nodded his head harshly. they swapped books. richie was probably going to write something inappropriate but she didn't mind. "v-vi do you w-wanna hang w-with us a-after s-school?" she smiled and nodded at bill. "sure billy!" one minute until summer. the three turned to the bell as they counted down. "three... two... one!" the entire class cheered as the bell rung for the final time. victoria linked hers and richie's arm as the three of them rushed out of the crowded room.

"it's like this church for jews and stan has to do this super jewish test " eddie explained more aiming it at tori. "so how does it work." richie asked the small boy. "they slice the tip off your dick off." victoria gasped in disgust. "wouldn't that hurt a lot though?" the boys laughed at her reaction. "if they cut his dick, stan wouldn't have anything left." richie added on which caused tori to giggle, she felt bad but it was funny. stan spotted them and ran over to join them. "what we're you guys talking about?" victoria butted in. "n-nothing!" she yelled.

"heads up." it felt like slow motion when they walked past bowers and his gang. patrick looked at victoria's ass as she walked past while the others glared down the losers. "pervert." she muttered under her breath. "think he'll sign my year book? sorry for that streamy hot dump i did in your backpack last march." richie said as the group successfully past them. the group chuckled at the richie's comment. greta shoved past victoria and the boys. she realised where she was heading. "hey guys i'll see you at the diner!" she said quickly before heading to the girl's toilets.

"are you in there by yourself or are half the guys in school in there with you?" greta shouted as she kicked the toilet stall. victoria rushed down the hall and stood at the entrance looking at the scene. "I know your in there little shit! I can smell you. vi noticed sally filling up a black bin bag. "hey greta which is it? is she a slut or a little shit?" victoria shouted, grabbing the attention of all the girls. "beaverly? oh she's both" greta walked forward and pushed tori over.

"but you! your worse! how do you think your parents will react when they realise you aren't hanging with us." greta poured some girl's apple juice over her head before signalling sally to pour the trash over bev. that was it. victoria had lost her popular status for the rest of her life but she felt good about it. "you're a bitch greta!" tori shouted as she slapped her across the face. the sound echoed as everyone gasped. it was clear a red hand mark would be left. the girl held her cheek as her and her minions left. "you'll regret that collins." she growled.

"bev! are you okay?" bev opened the stall and hugged the girl. "thank you." the girls walked out ignoring their wet clothes. the pair laughed as they ran through the empty corridors. "you look like a drowned rat vi." she laughed loudly pushing her friend slightly. "thanks bev, makes me feel so much better about having apple juice in my hair." they pushed open the large doors leading to the back of the school. beverly and victoria tried to walk down the stairs but couldn't pass by ben.

"is there like a password or something?" he quickly turned to see his crush and the friendly girl who signed his yearbook, he didn't pay attention and didn't know her name but he thought she was pretty. "n-no I'm sorry!" he said but bev ignored him, "well that's not a very good password." the girls giggled and smiled at the boy, they weren't being rude they were just trying to amuse him. "what happened to you?" he asked victoria. "greta, you know the bitch of the school?" he nodded and grimaced.

"what are you listening to?" beverly snatched his headphones despite his pleas, the girls leaned in and listened. "new kids on the block huh?" bev asked smirking at ben. beverly placed the headphones on his head and messed his hair up slightly. "shit! I'm sorry I have to go meet up with the losers." victoria said, jumping over ben's bike and running towards the diner.