xxiii. storms

chapter twenty three — dangerous love.

5 years later.

THE GLASS FOGGED up as victoria lent her head against the glass pane. her breath mixed with the cold air. she drew patterns on richie's window. her finger trailed the raindrops.

the sound of the shower switched off, richie grunted as he slipped on a small puddle of water on the bathroom floor. he heard a light chuckle part from the red lips of the girl in the other room. she never lost the habit of wearing the lipstick, even up to her eighteenth birthday. it was still placed on her plump lips.

"you okay, rich?" she questioned. he ran a hand through his hair, rubbing the back as he walked out of the bathroom. "i'm fine." he smiled to her.  she chuckled and turned her attention back to the window.

richie rushed to change into some nerdy pyjamas he had. he preferred to sleep in his boxers but tori wasn't keen on that idea, not yet anyway. he gestured her to stand up so he could sit on the ledge. she did so and sat on his lap, leaning back and resting her head on his chest.

"i think it's going to storm." richie whispered, she nodded slightly in agreement. "it's been raining heavy for awhile." they sat in silence, as the rain patted the window.

"do you have work tomorrow?" she laced her hand with his, a little habit she developed when she was nervous. "i am sorry, hot stuff." she sighed, she understood but tomorrow was the fifth year since it. she barely remembered it. "it's okay!" she smiled to reassure him.

he didn't believe for a second but he couldn't miss work again or he'd be fired. the room went silence before a loud bang erupted from the dark heavens. tori jumped. he wrapped his arms tightly around her, whispering cute things to calm her down.

the thunder rumbled and erupted, victoria gripped his top and hid her head in his chest. this was their routine, she'd become deadly scared of them and he didn't know why but he didn't dare ask. "hey, it's okay." she listened to his heartbeat it was calm.

she lifted her head up to face his. she planted a kiss on his lips, her hands snaking around his neck. his around her waist. the passion wasn't something you could fake.

"i love you." she whispered after they parted. "i love you too."

___

'in the end, it's him and i.'