xviii. it took beverly

chapter eighteen — dangerous love.

VICTORIA SWUNG HER legs as she sat nearby richie. his focus was on the game of street fighter, his hands smashed the buttons. his goal was to try and beat the highest score and become the king of the leaderboard. the sound of buttons being smashed and the laughter of children ran through victoria's ears. she laughed silently at richie's focusing face. his nose scrunched while his glasses slowly slipped down.

tori held richie's hawaiian outer shirt closer to her as his scent practically hugged her. she looked around at all the children. some she recognised, some she didn't. her eyes stopped at the door. bill was out there. pacing. he sighed and walked in, stress and worry clearly shown on his face. tori slipped off the stool and placed a hand on richie's shoulder as he moved forward.

"look who's here to crash the party." victoria whispered in his ear. "richie." he groaned in annoyance as he heard his name slip from the mouth of his ex-friend. "what do you want?" bill glanced at tori and noticed her glare. she wasn't in the mood to deal with a pissed off richie. richie's eyes didn't move from the screen once, the sound of buttons being pressed seemed to echo around the room. it seemed silent.

"you see that guy I'm hitting," he paused as he forcefully pushed the joystick. "I'm pretending it's you." he held a stupid grin on his face. bill flinched as he realised how much he fucked up with richie. "it got beverly." the pair didn't hear him as he mumbled.

"what did you say?" victoria said, bill missed her the most. she was his favourite because she was always so positive but right now it seemed she wanted nothing to do with him. "I s-said it got beverly." realisation set it. beverly. victoria stood there in pure shock. it was her fault for leaving bevvy. hers.

"what are you waiting for? let's go." she shouted at the boys and quickly headed for her skateboard. in the process, she'd thrown richie his hawaiian shirt. tori took off, the boys closely behind her. they had to make a few calls and get their straight away. beverly's life was on the line and the losers weren't losing her to a clown.