chapter sixteen (you can't break that)

(are you reddie kids)

i shot up and ran for the bathroom, i brushed my teeth and combed my hair out really quick and went to wake up richie.

  "get up you fucktard! we have school!" i yelled, all he did was laugh and roll over.

"dumbass it's saturday, now come the fuck back over here." he mumbled groggily.

  i checked my phone, and for once, he was right. i sighed and hopped back onto the plump gray comforter.

  i nuzzled my head into the pillow and was about to fall asleep but i felt the bed lift. i squinted my eyes to help un-blur my vision.

  richie was getting up. "where are you going?" i asked. "brush my teeth really quick. my morning breath smells like ass." his shoulders lifted up and he chuckled at himself.

  "mm." i groaned into the soft surface.

soon enough he came back, sliding underneath the cold blanket. his back pressed against mine. i began to shiver like a mofo because it was cold as fuck though.

  "do you want an extra blanket?" he asked politely, turning towards me. i shook my head, "no thank you." i stopped shaking but my lip still quivered.

  richie took notice, he grabbed another comforter off the ground and tugged it over us. he scooted closer until he was inches away.

   his arm made its way around my waist and my eyes became hard to open.

-

  5 missed calls from mr. ed

mr. ed: "kim pick up your phone."
mr. ed: "i'm so sorry kimberlina."
mr. ed: "please forgive me."
mr. ed: "call me when you can please."
mr. ed: "we really need to talk."
mr. ed: "like"
mr. ed: "very soon."

-

  i turned off my phone and tossed it across the room, i gripped at the bottom of my hair and grabbed the bridge of my nose.

  richie was still passed out thankfully, or i would have a lot of explaining to do. as if on queue,  he rolled over and his dark chocolate eyes met mine.

  "you okay?" he halfway sat up, but leaned on his arm.

  "just fine, eddie keeps trying to talk to me."

he nodded, understanding he situation. he pulled on my sleeve, "do you want food?" he asked, sheepishly smiling.

  "i wouldn't mind." i laughed, i grabbed my car keys and slid on some shoes.

-

  i pulled into hawkins diner, then turned off the car.
"hey, look! mike and jane are here!" i waved over to them and they gave a small smile in return.

mike and richie never really got along, but they didn't have much in common either. mike was smart and not really popular but still well-known, richie, who the fuck knows what he is.

mike and jane were still putting up those posters for will, i knew he was their friend. and yes, will is mrs. byers son.

  he has been missing for two years, but they still have hope. i'm happy for them though. i hope they find him soon.

-

  i held open the glass door for him, and then we chose a booth to sit in.

"do you think i should talk to eddie?" i skimmed over the menu before looking over it and meeting his eyes.

"of course, you guys are super close, you can't break that." he spoke, also looking over his menu.

  "you're right." i smiled, i placed the paper down and started to color on a napkin.

  that was until eddie popped up from behind me, tapping on my shoulder.

"look what we have here?" he laughed unexpectedly, he sat next to me.

  "hey?" i awkwardly scratched my arm, and scooted more towards the window.

"you never picked up." he stated, i turned to face him. "i was busy?" i said, beginning to become annoyed.

"doing what? sucking his dick? i'm more important than him and you know it." i took a deep breath in.

"look man, we didn't ask for trouble, so go." richie stepped in, attempting to back me up.

  "funny, because i said the same thing to you just a couple weeks ago. look at us now." he smirked.

  "see you later cupcake." he winked,

but i couldn't tell if it was towards me or.. richie?

-

  "did you see that too?" richie asked, his mouth hung wide open. "uhm- yeah, yeah i did." i stuttered.

what the actual fuck was that? did eddie like guys? more specifically did eddie like richie? #reddie orrrrr.....

  wait, richies mine though bitch. aww fuck. there goes my ship.

-

me: "eddie, i know you like boys."

mr. ed: "fucking finally hoe."

me: "i'm happy for you though!"

mr. ed: "it feels a lot better knowing that you know. :)"

me: "i just have one question.."

mr. ed: "throw it at me."

me: "do you like richie?"

-

  i waited for a response, but it didn't come.

  until seconds later..

-

mr. ed: "hell no, i like this guy named dustin you dumbass."

me: "well damn."
me: "wait"
me: "DUSTIN FROM CHEM?"

mr. ed: "awe fuck man."

me: "AWW i could so hook y'all up dude."

mr. ed: "i don't know about all of that."

me: "too late now, i'm planning. ;)"

mr. ed: "*rolls eyes in seven languages*"

-

  "richie!!" i exclaimed, excitedly jumping up and down. "he likes boys, he likes boys!" i threw my arms in the air and danced around like a mad woman.

"um- yay?" he laughed, but i pulled him closer and made him jump with me.

  "okay, okay, okay, he doesn't like me right?" he winced.

  i know he was coming from the right place, because he has never known a gay person nor had one as a friend.

  not that he was a homophobic, it was just rare around here.

  "no, no, no." i waved him off, "he likes this guy from our chem class." i reassured him.

he wiped a fake bead of sweat and sighed, "that woulda been hella awkward."

  "i kinda shipped it." i whispered, "me too." he laughed, dramatically grabbing his heart.

"i was so reddie." he sarcastically spoke, trying to seem genuine but he ended up cracking a sly grin.

"i hate you." i mumbled while trying to calm my own laughter.