chapter nineteen (i do put on lip balm ya know)

"oh kimberlinaa." eddie poked my cheek, in annoyance i grabbed a pillow and chunked it at me.

i heard a deep laugh beside me, my eyes dhot open to see richie.

"well damn." eddie spoke, eyeing me down and then looking at richie.

"you uh- scared the shit out of me." i faked a nervous laugh and sat up straight.

"anywayss.." eddie began talking again, but i wasn't paying very close attention.

i kept on thinking about that kiss. it was on the cheek, it wasn't real. but damn, were his lips soft.

i blushed a deep shade of red at the thought making richies face twist with confusion. "huh?" he laughed, i shook my head.

"well, i do put lip balm on you know." he stated, making me freeze. "what?" i asked dumbfounded.

"you said my lips were soft, i use this lip balm. i got it at the market. it really works." he nodded.

"YOU GUYS KISSED?!" eddie yelled, probably waking up the whole fucking neighborhood.

"no! no, it wasn't like that." i swore on my heart if it was i wouldn't be here lmao.

"just a quick cheek action." i lifted my hands in surrender.

"she was all over me." richie smirked, making me scoff.

"was not!" he interrupted me, "was too!" but eddie beat me to it.

"okay, look here love birds. figure out your problems later, LISTEN TO MINE." he exclaimed, raising a hand high above his head.

-

later that evening eddie had left, so me and richie went to the ice cream parlor.

"you know, i'll let you use my lip balm some time." he winked, making me drop my spoon in my lap.

"agh!! fuck, richie." i yelled, my ice cream dumped into my lap.

"save that for later and let me clean you up." he laughed, grabbing a napkin and extending his arm to swipe across my jeans.

he stopped once he got to my upper thigh, "uhm- i'll do it from here." i nodded, "i got it, it's fine."

he quickly scanned over my jeans and moved onto the other leg.

after he was done he sat back, "sorry bout that." he sheepishly smiled, running a hand through his hair.

"it's okay, just an accident. it happens," i told him, understandably.

-

"thanks for the night!" i grinned, grazing my hand over the knob.

he cleared his throat, "forgetting something?" he pointed to his cheek.

i rolled my eyes and stood there, he walked up to me and stopped.

i turned my head to kiss the side of his face,

but he went in to kiss my cheek.